SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 03:48:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 Coin Mech  (Read 9153 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 06:23:39 pm »

Ditto what Jared said!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 07:14:14 pm »

What sells on ebay and my area are two different things, the last mech I saw on craigslist was complete and had $150obo on it, should of snagged it. That's why I thought the $100 area was feasible, but apparently not.
pepsibob
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:10:40 pm »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IDEAL-GLASSCO-SLIDER-COIN-MECH-TRAP-DOOR-BOTTLE-OPENER-/330841148617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d07ab4cc9
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 08:22:29 pm »

No offense to the seller, but this low boy frankenstein style coin box is not as desirable as the tall boy type with chrome on the top that sticks up above the lid.

At least that has been my experience. They don't bring the top dollar, and they don't sell as quickly...for me anyways.

But they do work...just not as pretty.

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Norrisk66

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:01 pm »

No offense to the seller, but this low boy frankenstein style coin box is not as desirable as the tall boy type with chrome on the top that sticks up above the lid.

At least that has been my experience. They don't bring the top dollar, and they don't sell as quickly...for me anyways.

But they do work...just not as pretty.

Hi-My first post on this forum.

I am the "sucker" that bought this coin mechanism in question.  I am restoring my first 55 Slider, and knowing nothing about these coin mechanisms, bought the unit off eBay.
With much help from Slider-Bob, I discovered it was missing more parts than it came with! 

Anyway, long story short, I ended up having to file a claim through eBay to get my money back. The seller described the item as only missing the hinge screws.  I found out the hard way-it was missing much more than it was worth.

I am writing this as a heads-up to any one else looking for a coin mechanism on eBay- I would expect to see this item listed back for sale. Hopefully the seller will disclose the missing parts this time.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 01:30:53 pm »

Welcome to the boards. Sorry you had a bad experience. I think we've all been  burned at one time or another.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »

Welcome to the site Keith, and thanks Jim B for creating his ID so quickly. 

As we discussed last week, I should have a rack and mech for you that I'm getting on Jan 19th...You'll be back in business in no time!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: