SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:19:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning slug rejector.  (Read 4674 times)
Witchboard

« on: October 18, 2007, 10:55:03 am »

I've done a few searches and have seen the most popular way to clean a rejector is to use fine wool on the coin tracks and boil it.  My father's hobby is lapidary and he has several tumblers.  I was wondering if I could disassemble the rejector and use one of his vibrating tumblers to dry polish the parts similar to bullet casings.  Any opinions?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:15:33 pm »

Personally, I think a cycle or two through the dishwasher works wonders ! ! !
What your suggesting seems a little extreme... Just my opinion though...

My six cents,

Jim

Witchboard

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 01:12:36 pm »

Extreme, maybe.  But not really any trouble considering the equipment is available to me.  Cool
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 06:43:50 pm »

be carefull with boiling the slug rejector, as it may damage it if it's plastic type, you can put a metal rejector in a pot of boiling water, but the old dishwasher trick (top rack) works wonders too! (tip...never use steelwool to clean the rejector, or you'll be picking the steelwools micro-lint off of the magnets forever) for tough crud, a scotch-brite pad is very handy. and I've found that a sponge by the mr. clean brand called a "magic eraser" really does a nice job on the coinpath

I also have an 6-liter ultrasonic cleaner that I use on my rebuilt coinmechs that I service from time to time. but they are pricey for the hobbist.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:06:52 pm »

My father's hobby is lapidary and he has several tumblers.  I was wondering if I could disassemble the rejector and use one of his vibrating tumblers to dry polish the parts similar to bullet casings.  Any opinions?

Sounds like a lot of work considering the parts you remove and polish are not even the parts that are giving you problems. The coin path that needs cleaning is on the body of the rejector which you won't even be dumping into a polisher.
    You have a common problem, don't turn it into a complex one!  Follow the suggested simple steps first.  biggrin

Glen
Witchboard

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 09:13:22 pm »

Dishwasher it is.  biggrin

Okay, threw it in the dishwasher and figured out how to adjust it.  It's passing all my change.  Now I just have to fix the coin mech.  Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 11:51:17 pm by Witchboard » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: