SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 08:53:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fruit boxed vending machines  (Read 2353 times)
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« on: August 21, 2004, 04:34:51 am »

In 91 or so when I was attending high school. They had a Sun Glo machine. Fruit drink boxes basicly. This machine sat unserviced for what I would say a few years. Then one day I caught the pepsi service man. I believe it was pepsi restoring the machine. Well, cleaning the coin mech, and replacing the lights, Ballets, since those was toasted. He explained that pepsi got the contract to service and deliever products to the machine. Not long after that, before I graduated high school in 94 the machine was pulled. In fact all of the yellow colored sun glo machines that was around was gone. This particular machine was a very small unit. I unforchanetly don't have any pictures. When I checked at the store the other day I noticed sun glo didn't even have any fruit boxes anymore.

So what happened? Can somebody fill me in?

I also saw a few additional machines from Pepsi. A mutivend fruit box in so many slots and cans in the other. These machines came in two sizes. Large with more of a selection or a small machine about the size of that sun glow machine. Once again no pictures of those machines either.

I have no idea what the demesions are. I think they was like 4ft high or so. Not very big or heavy.

As for ebay I have not spotted any. I'll look again tonight since I'm remebering about them.

Thanks,

ussexplorer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: