SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 01:29:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cav uss-64 door sag.  (Read 7324 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« on: January 13, 2006, 06:54:01 pm »

Hi All,
Have a 1/4" drop from left to right. Don't see any adjustment other than the latch. Thinking a gentle pry from the bottom. Anyone been there done that? Better idea?
Thanks!!
Creighton
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:39:04 pm »

I plan on putting mine back together tomorrow, so I'll have a look at the hinge area and see what can be tweaked...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 08:57:36 pm »

What model 64 do you have. My C model has serious door sag. It is to the point that I might have to cut some spot welds and re weld it.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:11:41 pm »

Mines a USS-8-64K date code 8/74. Don't see any tweaks that could be made to the hinges, but do see some deflection on the bottom hinge. Looks like somehow the door was bent down, strange... Thanks for the help!!
Creighton

Lulu
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 08:42:35 am »

My 64 has a little sag with the door.  I adjusted the latch and it took it out.  However, it's really hard to open.  Not a good fix, but will work for now.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 12:44:59 pm »

One of the USS-64's I did had a might have had a door sag problem. It already had this block of wood in the right corner that was wedge shape. It was firmly bolted to the machine. It worked and looked Ok so I never removed it. This might be an idea to help you out. it is worth a try. Here is a pic.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 12:56:37 pm »

Josh, actually what you've done is exactly what they do for modern machines! they use a metal "ramp" to help hold the door in alignment & keep it from sagging. on the Vendo's it's possible to add some small washers to the lower hinge-pivot to help a "droopy" door keep it's alignment..

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 09:22:04 pm »

Well, I spent a few hours today getting to know my Cav. Had the rack out, gave the whole interior a good cleaning and wirebrushing the rusty parts.. my door isn't sagging at all, but its much newer than most here... I didn't seen any adjustments or slots for the hinge..

I did manage to compound and wax this machine, and it looks pretty #### nice..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 11:13:28 pm »

Well I took a better look at things. And here is the fix factory installed (duh need glasses). The part on the left is attached to the door (lower right corner). It has a small roller that sounds just like what JonnieG is describing. The part marked "CAB" is installed in front of the compressor. I'll just need to add shimes under the cab ramp and should be set. Wish the rain would stop.

More than happy to take better pics and measurements for anybody interested.

Also appears to be some adjustment in the upper left hinge top mounting plate but only an 1/8" at best.

Great box!! Cleaning up very well and cools/vends as it should. May have to keep this one as well. Gonna be in trouble :-)

Trying to think of a way to have all the USS-64 info in one place, course would be handy for all the other makes/models as well. Anybody have any idea's?

Thanks!!
Creighton

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 11:24:23 pm »

While working on this if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I think I have had more Uss-64s than anything else. I have parted out 4, restored 2, and sold 2 origional. I still have some parts but not much. let me know if I can help
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: