SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 11:50:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice Vend CVB-106  (Read 3985 times)
draggahj

« on: September 12, 2014, 07:05:38 pm »

I've had this machine for several years now and I am finally working on repairing it. Paid $100 on craigslist. I have the refrigeration deck out and apart. Going to rewire and re-plumb the compressor/fan. I know it can do both cans and bottles (12oz.) but I'm not sure how to set it up. There is no wiring or vending gear drawings attached so if anyone has these or can take a picture it would be appreciated. I also want to get the 35ยข sticker off the front without damaging the DP sign. Any recommendations?

Jason

Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:22:57 pm »

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I used to have a younger relative of this machine, the CVC-224. It was a Coca-Cola branded 5-selection.

In order to vend at all, I'm pretty sure you will need the relay box for the selector buttons. I don't see it on your machine, do you have it somewhere?

As for setting up gears, here is an old post on the subject. Be warned however it is for a different Choice Vend machine (a CVC-224, not mine but another one), you may not have the exact same gears in your vending setup.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,10871.0.html
draggahj

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 11:23:43 am »

Thanks for the reply. I do have the relay box. I am drawing my own wiring schematic so I have it on the bench. I'll post it up when I finish it in case it may help someone else. Prior to tearing it apart the machine powered up but wouldn't vend. The changer would just allow the coins to pass through. I've read that it will do that if there are no coins in it. I may just free vend it. We'll see once I get it cleaned up and back together.

Jason
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I do have the relay box. I am drawing my own wiring schematic so I have it on the bench. I'll post it up when I finish it in case it may help someone else. Prior to tearing it apart the machine powered up but wouldn't vend. The changer would just allow the coins to pass through. I've read that it will do that if there are no coins in it. I may just free vend it. We'll see once I get it cleaned up and back together.

Jason

I hope the helix setup info can point you in the right direction, though I don't know how well it matches your machine.

I would love to see you get it working. I couldn't work on mine it was way too heavy, not to mention parts can be very hard to find.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: