SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:11:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with where hot leads hook up on junction block  (Read 3314 times)
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« on: August 12, 2014, 09:50:31 am »

Hello all.  Finally getting my machine  back together after having it apart for a year for paint and refurbishment.  Although I labeled all my lead wires as to where they go on the junction block, my main power (line in) leads tags got painted over.  That said, I need to know where to apply the power leads on the junction block.  I've added a drawing in lieu of a photo.  I'm just not sure if the constant power goes to the solenoid, the vend switch, or one lead on each.  

Would someone be so kind as to tell me where they go on positions 1-4 as noted in the drawing?

Might be helpful to note this is a SelVend 64 machine--really similar to a Cavalier 64.

Many thanks,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:52:07 am by SelVend 7 up » Logged
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:08:04 pm »

I don't have a wiring diagram but maybe we can apply some logic based on the Cavalier circuit.

The vend switch should have two wires going to it, a hot lead and a return line to the coin mechanism.  It doesn't matter which of the two posts these are attached to as it is just a switch.  The hot lead comes from pin 1 on the Jones plug.

The solenoid should have a neutral lead (ribbed) going to it, and an input that comes from the coin mechanism.  Alternately this line comes from pin 2 of the Jones plug.

So if you have a hot and a neutral line (ribbed) on the door wiring that you can ID, we're in good shape.  

Figuring out which is which with the other two wires will require a multimeter in the continuity mode setting.  The vend switch in line comes from pin 6 on the Jones plug and the solenoid in line comes from pin 3.

If you don't have a multimeter, you might be able to see the colors of the wires that come out of the underside of each pin on the Jones plug and try to correlate that to the colors of the wires that come out of the door wiring that you need to attach.

SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:49:09 pm »

Thanks very much for the input.  I should've been more clear.  I have indeed matched the colors of the door wires with the colors of the cabinet wires.  The labels on these wires were also intact so I have no doubt that they are correct. 

My trouble came from having my powered cord coming off the compressor power (newly rebuilt by Eric at Global Compressors).  The loose end of the wire is tagged simply "to door wiring". 

But I think you've answered my question.  The solenoid needs an "in" line and the vend switch needs an "in" line.  Based on that, positions 1 and 2 should get the lead ins.  I realize the vend switch is just that (a switch) so which side is line in doesn't matter.  How about the solenoid?  I don't have ribbed lines, just green and white.  Does it matter which color is "in" in this case?

Many thanks.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:40:42 pm »

Ah, got it.  The solenoid can be wired either way, but it does matter which way as it will either push or pull depending on the polarity.  You won't hurt the solenoid by trying either configuration, but you'll need to ensure that it pushes or pulls (not sure which is right for the SelVend) properly after you insert a coin into the mech. 

SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 03:42:12 pm »

I truly appreciate the help.  The folks on this site are absolutely the greatest.

Cheers,
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: