SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 04:48:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1963 Vendo V-63 Later Edition but no key!  (Read 4536 times)
Poptop
5 Cent Member

« on: July 28, 2014, 05:13:32 pm »

Hey guys... I have drilled locks before but not like this.  What do I drill, and what do I "save?"   And.. then what do I order!
1963 Vendo V-63 Later edition.. original.   I have no clue on this type of lock.  As a side note... where should I look for the "part?"

Pictures for your pleasure!
Poptop
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:33:40 pm »

Drilled it out... has a larger surface area than ACE and when it drilled out.. there is a cam in the back.. the search continues for a part! Cool
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:06 am »

http://sodajerkworks.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=641&category_id=22&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Try that link.  I think it
 will fit.  I have the same exact machine.  It's early seventies.  Around 1972-73.  Good luck!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:23:03 am »

Interesting information on that link:

To drill this lock out of the machine without damaging the bezel follow these instructions:  Drill into the very center of the lock starting with a 3/16" drill bit.  Drill in about 1/2" deep.  Switch the drill bit to the next size up and drill again in the center of the hole you just drilled.  This time only drill in 1/4".  You will understand later why the depth changes.  Repeat until you just past the outer ring of where the key entered.  At this time the pins and springs should fall out of the lock.  If they don't fall out, pull them out with narrow needle nose pliers.  Once this happens you can put a small screw driver or stud extractor into the 1st hole that was drilled deeper.  Now you know why there are two depths.  Turn it one way or the other and it will open up.  Now, open door and remove the rest of the lock.  Order the new lock from The Soda Jerk Works so you have it ready to go.

Glen
Poptop
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 11:50:10 am »

Thank you guys!  I have tried two locks that "should/could/may" fit.. but not... so I will order this one!!

happydrinkers
Poptop
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 10:15:54 pm »

Lock arrived!  There was an angle to the lock so it was not a flush fit, rather I left it out so that the edge of the actual lock cylinder was flush/even with the bezel. 

End result, looks great, fit well and it works!  Thanks for the advise and direction. 
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:43:15 pm »

Mine is flush with the bezel too.  Glad it worked out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: