SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 07:52:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier Identification Help  (Read 3579 times)
greg in canby

« on: July 06, 2014, 07:00:45 pm »

Just picked up this parts machine and have what I need off it. I will be selling misc. parts but need help with machine identification as there is NO data plate. 

A Cavalier 64 of some sort with 8 shelves that measure 8" x 14".

There is a data plate on the cooling parts that might make sense to somebody.

Thank you for any help y'all can give.

Greg

Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:20:54 pm »

While I can't say for sure, it looks like a Style Star variant of the CSS-64, with a 7up sign replacing the original.

Like this one here.

The hole for the bottle opener looks too wide for the bezel around it to interchange with a standard (red "Enjoy Coca-Cola" w/wave sign) Cav 64, but hopefully someone with more knowledge will confirm that.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:36 am »

According to Steve Ebner's book, Cavalier first introduced the CS-64C in 1960, identifiable by it's gold coin entry plate across the front.
In 1962 the C-64-E was introduced which had the round chrome entry bezel we are all familiar with, and is the most popular today.

The machine being discussed here was named the CSS-64 and was produced from 1966 and on.
The woodgrain and polished aluminum was supposed to give it a more modern look, but I think now it only hurts it's desirability in the collector market.

All parts on the latter 2 models are interchangeable.

Glen
greg in canby

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:15:11 am »

Thank you both for the help. Mystery solved!
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »

I've heard of a CS-64F, which from what I can tell is almost identical to the CS-64E. What is the difference between those two models?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: