SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 02:31:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with CS 64 D  (Read 5847 times)
Spartazoo

« on: July 06, 2014, 09:34:46 am »

I picked up a CS 64 that is very complete and in overall decent original shape. I have  wanted one of these machines since I was a kid.

Everything on the machine is there and I have replaced a number of the typical parts. New ballast, light bulbs, rebuilt coin mechanism, solenoid, and gate switch. The lights work perfect and everything there is good.

What has me stumped right now is the new coin mechanism is set to $.75, but when you put in a quarter it drops straight through. I have double checked all the connections at the solenoid, switch, and coin mechanism and everything seems good.

I would really appreciate any suggestions people can give me. I'm kinda getting hooked on these machines.

Thanks!
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:16:49 pm »

Welcome. What I would do first if you haven't already is switch the coin settings. Try setting it to 10cents or even 5cents and see if it works on any other setting.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Spartazoo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 02:36:37 pm »

I set the machine to a nickel and every coin continues to fall straight through. This is frustrating.  Is there a way to reset the solenoid and gate switch telling the machine it is ready to vend?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »

Remove the slug rejector, hold it in a level position and test it for quarters. If it still rejects, it needs cleaning, if not it will be the C.R.E.M's.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 04:32:15 pm »

Silly question - do you have sodas in the machine ?

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 09:51:10 pm »

Maybe not so silly, I was thinking the same thing.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
Spartazoo

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 07:36:15 am »

Silly question - do you have sodas in the machine ?

I have one coke behind each gate on every shelf...  Is that enough?
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 07:50:41 am »

I don't believe that these machines need inventory in them to vend.  Moondawg is right on checking the slug rejector to make sure that it is clean and functioning properly (though you rebuilt it, so it should be fine).

Another area of issue could be the vend switch, you could have potentially wired the switch backwards.  If you unplug the coin mech with the machine plugged in, then plug it in again, do the CREMs (behind the slug rejector) pull in with a 'click'?  If not, I'd say to check the switch. 

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 08:24:59 am »

What is a vend switch?

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 08:35:54 am »

On the bottom of the stack there is a microswitch that engages after the vend solenoid triggers the lockout flapper which then prevents additional coins from being inserted into the coin mechanism.  There might be a different name for it.

addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:20 am »

On the bottom of the stack there is a microswitch that engages after the vend solenoid triggers the lockout flapper which then prevents additional coins from being inserted into the coin mechanism.  There might be a different name for it.

For the info of the OP, I have a vend switch, but the "arm" to actuale it is broke/missing. So the previous owner just shorted the two leads to the switch together which now keeps the CREMs pulled in all the time (all that means is you can put in more coins after the initial purchase but before you pull out the drink). I left them shorted otherwise i'd have the same issue you have.

See my thread on it... http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,19475.0.html

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
1981 Asteroids Deluxe Cabaret
1981 Ms. Pac-Man Cocktail
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: