SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:20:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: light bulbs  (Read 3015 times)
hipburwig

« on: March 18, 2014, 09:01:38 pm »

I have acquired my fist soda machine a Westinghouse WB-60-K6-D. I have most of it working. can any one tell me what size bulbs go in the coin and make another selection sockets ? Im trying to get the whole thing to work before I take it apart for a good cleaning.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:45:24 pm »

Do you have a photo of under the selection knob area?  I can't remember which bulbs go in there, I owned one a few years ago but I guess I never took any photos of the bulbs area.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:39:07 am »

It's an S6 size lamp, 6-10 watts, 120-130 volts, US candelabra screw-base,  (some times referred to as an "indicator" bulb) you may also use a standard C7 "night-light" lamp 120-130 volt, 7-10 watt US candelabra screw-base, although the C7 size bulbs tend to have weak filaments that cant break when you snap the lamps holder/socket into the lights receptacle housing(s)

Be aware that some sewing machine bulbs have the same C7 size "pear" shape to them but have a higher watt rating (15watts) that can overheat the "Correct change only" & "Make another Selection" plastic signs & melt or distort/warp them, or cause the printing to flake off.  

Also some S6 size lamps sold in the big-box stores are low voltage 12-14 volts are for use in appliances such as refrigerator ice/water "In the door" dispensers, will literately explode if used in 120 volt applications, so check the voltage rating on the package.

Don't bother with the C7 sized LED "night-light" bulbs, they are worthless for this purpose on just about any machine.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:07:47 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
hipburwig

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:39:34 am »

found one that fits from a Christmas village doesn't say what number or size other than a candelabra.
thanks johnieG  for the info, ill add it to my info folder.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:48:27 pm by hipburwig » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: