SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 09:31:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi Vendorlator 56-Now set up FREE, but I want PAID  (Read 7860 times)
NewGuy

« on: January 21, 2014, 03:09:35 pm »

I have a Pepsi Vendorlator 56 and I bought it exactly as it sits. It is setup for free, because it is missing the bars that hold the bottles in place. When you put coins in, they drop straight to the change chute.

What are the parts called that I am missing? Id like to get it set back to original.

Thanks alot guys. Here are some pictures for help:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:42:45 pm by NewGuy » Logged
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the Vendo glass-bottle vending system, so I'm afraid I can't provide anything useful down, but I will say that is a nice Pepsi machine you have there.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 04:10:50 pm »

It looks to me like all of your bottle gates have been removed. You will need a new stack if that is the case.
Is there power hooked up to the stack? Do you have a coin mech on the machine?
I suggest you pull the stack out of the machine and take more pics, then someone can help further.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
NewGuy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »

The coin mech is still all there.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »

The coin mech is still all there.

The coin mechanism would have nothing to do with the vending stack set to free.  If the bottle gates are missing my guess is somebody has messed with the stack.  Those Square Top 56's pop up quite frequently on craigslist.  I would use what you have until a donor pops up.

At the bottom of the vending stack the "last" selection column is usually a small square box.  The box usually covers the vending stack parts, and a solenoid.  When the proper amount of money is deposit into the coin mechanism it pushes the solenoid open which frees the lift gates.

If you can get a better picture of the lower stack, I would guess parts have been removed if so you best is a donor machine or stack.

Jared
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:35:00 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 08:33:40 pm »

Can you remove two bottles at the same time?
Can you post a photo behind the front plate (white w/ bottle holes); remove all of the bottles from the top couple of shelves and point your camera behind the white plate but slightly upward so we can see if the linkages are present... As collecture stated, it appears no bottle gates are resting the bottles from the front.

My six cents,

Jim

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 11:06:39 pm »

I have the lower stack parts if you need them.   
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 08:54:46 am »

All your bottle gates are missing. If you blow up these pictures you can clearly see they are not there.  I have a Stack from a Vendo-63. But it does say Have a Coke on the top three choices.  Depending on what is missing it may be easier to replace the stack.

Greg
NewGuy

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 08:46:56 pm »

Thanks guys for your help.
Here are pictures of the bottom of the stack.

I would think it was easier to replace the whole stack, and not add the gates in. Does anyone have a write up on installing a new stack?
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 01:19:52 am »

There are (5) screws on the left side of the stack unscrew those (5) screw and the whole stack comes out.  Take the shelves out first.  There are (2) guide posts on the back of the liner when installing the new stack make sure to skied the replacement stack back on those brackets / post.

As I suspected you are missing all of the lower stack parts.  I have the whole lower set of parts, but unfortunately I do not have any bottle gates.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: