SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 12:25:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Power Cord......  (Read 7995 times)
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:33 pm »

What about a mis-wired vending or inventory switch?  The normally open or closed circuits could have inadvertently been tied to ground causing the circuit not to reset after a vend cycle.  Maybe the reason the previous owner pulled the ground off?

I have reconnected the old power cord. And now there is nothing from the relays (use to buzz until you selected a drink) and the quarters now drop right threw the coin mechanism.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Jeff

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 04:47:22 pm »

Yes I am, Plus ( Electronic field service engineer 30 years, Certified biomedical technician 10 years, electrical Journeyman 2 years out now, & just attended the 2014 code update class, lots of interesting changes in regards to grounded conductors vs ground electrodes) and I'm not trying to dive too deep into an esoteric discussion on the terms of neutral vs ground.

What I am saying folks is to be careful & work safe on these early machines, the vending circuits & controls and selection switches are using line voltage.

Yes the earlier circuit diagram posted was highlighted from another discussion, so I reposted it in gray scale.   Oh & watch out for that "magic smoke" it'll get you every time.  tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 05:21:49 pm »

The coil pictured looks to be the credit relay, it's not unusual for them to look a little toasted, he'd have to lift the terminal connections off of it & ohm it out at this point. ( he said it was latched "On" all the time)  but even then it shouldn't cause a vend cycle until a selection is made, it could also be a stuck selection switch.

If the relay ohms OK, I'd reconnect it, power up the machine and observe if vend motor starts running right off the get-go ( without any coins being inserted), and the credit relay is being held in, then I'd pull the coinmechs Jones (power) connector & see if it ( the credit relay) unlatches & the vend motor stops spinning.  It is possible the coinmechs internal vend relay is stuck (and the MARS coinmech shown isn't known for its reliability.)  

some machines also used a delivery switch ( down by the bottle chute) that told the credit relay that the soda has "dropped" & it allows the relay to unlatch, terminating the vending cycle.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 09:30:33 pm »

The coil pictured looks to be the credit relay, it's not unusual for them to look a little toasted, he'd have to lift the terminal connections off of it & ohm it out at this point. ( he said it was latched "On" all the time)  but even then it shouldn't cause a vend cycle until a selection is made, it could also be a stuck selection switch.

If the relay ohms OK, I'd reconnect it, power up the machine and observe if vend motor starts running right off the get-go ( without any coins being inserted), and the credit relay is being held in, then I'd pull the coinmechs Jones (power) connector & see if it ( the credit relay) unlatches & the vend motor stops spinning.  It is possible the coinmechs internal vend relay is stuck (and the MARS coinmech shown isn't known for its reliability.)  

some machines also used a delivery switch ( down by the bottle chute) that told the credit relay that the soda has "dropped" & it allows the relay to unlatch, terminating the vending cycle.

Hi JohnieG

Thank You for your trouble shooting advice.

I ohm out the relay, looks like it is dead. Ordered 2 new relays today. So while I wait on the relays I am going to go over all the wiring. Replace anything that is suspect (better safe then sorry). As well as check the coinmechs internals.

Jeff

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: