SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:58:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lacrosse 90 project  (Read 2305 times)
James Hoffa

« on: November 03, 2013, 08:48:11 pm »

So I'm digging into this machine and ran into trouble taking the coin door off this machine.  The first pic show the screws that hold the inner door onto the hinge. All four turn but they don't come out. I took off the door liner thinking there would be a retained nut or something rotating freely but all I saw was a wood frame (second pic). The wood around the bottle door opening and along the bottom was wet and nasty. Any thoughts on how to get the door off and the old frame out? I'm going to replace it with Trex and use pink foam board insulation. As the project unfolds I'll post more.

Vendo V-77
Lacrossa 90-9
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 09:00:45 pm »

Can you get a putty knife under the hinge and then try to spin the screw out?  That may give enough pressure to let the threads pull out.  Otherwise just grind them off with a Dremel or the like.

James Hoffa

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:53:39 pm »

Okay Figured it out. Disassembled entire frame piece by piece and found what I thought were wood screws were actually nuts and bolts. The nuts were hidden in the frame inside holes.

Vendo V-77
Lacrossa 90-9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: