SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:06:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest acquisition - Vendo VP-400-2  (Read 2458 times)
jcreid

« on: October 21, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »

Greetings all,

Haven't been on much lately due to other project interests, but I snagged this guy last month off the local Craigslist.  It's a Vendo VP-400-2 premix machine.  It appears to be in original unmolested condition.  Still assessing everything, but I don't see any glaring defects, mods, etc.  It gets cold and it even has about 50 original Coke cups in the dispenser!

For some reason I was thinking this machine mixed syrup and carbonated water at the dispense point, but after reading up on what little I can find, I realize it only does premix.  I was a little disappointed as premix has pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird, but then I read that a lot of people dump in 2 liter bottles of soda in the Corny kegs until full and that works just as well.  Seems like it'd be just as easy to "taint" one of the kegs with some Captain Morgan or Jim Beam and make the machine VERY popular at the next get-together.

Only have a couple pics right now, but will try to get some better resolution photos soon.  Moving it was a bear.  This thing is HEAVY.  Then with 4 kegs plumbed in, two more on the pre-cool rack, and a bottle of CO2, I'll bet it's easily over 600 lbs.

Would love to hear from anyone that has any experience with this unit as far as what kind of gotchas I can expect, sources for cups, etc.

Front view:

Inside the front door:

Premix storage:

-Jim
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:43:04 pm by jcreid » Logged
krovel
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:37 pm »

dang!! that things cool

Westinghouse WB-60 (single select)
Westinghouse WB102
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:13:25 pm »

Nice! looks to be in tip top shape!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »

Jim,
That machine looks to be in nice original condition ! ! !
I would love to have permission to use a couple of photos in the Soda Machines Section...?
The only person I can refer is Brian, Seven181, as he collects "Cup" Machines and has had numerous models over the years.
I like where your head is at on the Captain Morgan ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: