SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 09:54:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V-63 Thermostat  (Read 4862 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: September 10, 2013, 10:07:11 am »

As you know,,I'm new to this and have a question as far as the thermostat on a Vendo 63. It seems the adjustment is very touchy and what I mean is,,,One stetting will cool to 50* and moved ever so slightly to the right,,cooler side, my next reading will be around 28*. There doesn't seem to be a spot that I can get it to read a consistent lets say 37*. It's either 50 or so or 28* and nothing in between. Is this a sign I need a new thermostat or is it that sensitive and I need to move it just a hair ?
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:12:23 am »

I had similar issues and replaced mine with a fun tronics unit.  

Does your thermostat have a cut in & cut out adjustment via some tiny set screws in the unit?  I was able to achieve a level of fine adjustment on my new thermostat using the cut in/cut out.
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:35:47 am »

I had similar issues and replaced mine with a fun tronics unit.  

Does your thermostat have a cut in & cut out adjustment via some tiny set screws in the unit?  I was able to achieve a level of fine adjustment on my new thermostat using the cut in/cut out.

No,,,only slotted screw that turns left and right and very touchy. We'll try a little longer to see if I can fine tune and if not,,,we'll put another in. Thank you for the in formation.
Alligator

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:01:06 pm »

No,,,only slotted screw that turns left and right and very touchy. We'll try a little longer to see if I can fine tune and if not,,,we'll put another in. Thank you for the in formation.

I think I have the same style thermostat in my V-63.  Just one slotted screw and i don't see any markings on it.  I have it about halfway and the soda on the top gets between 32-34 degrees when I put a thermometer in it, after opening.

I have just been doing trial and error.  Let me know if you come up with anything.
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »

I think I have the same style thermostat in my V-63.  Just one slotted screw and i don't see any markings on it.  I have it about halfway and the soda on the top gets between 32-34 degrees when I put a thermometer in it, after opening.

I have just been doing trial and error.  Let me know if you come up with anything.

Will do and thanks. Still knocking around with it but don't think I have that steady of a hand because the difference in temps is extreme with only a fraction of any movement. Maybe some others will chime in later with more input. Thanks again.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:35:34 pm »

If the thermostat is old or the original, replace it. The movement inside of the control can get rusty or sticky after a period of time, making it hard to adjust.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 06:04:44 pm »

If the thermostat is old or the original, replace it. The movement inside of the control can get rusty or sticky after a period of time, making it hard to adjust.
I'm with you,,will get with Janet at Fuintronics tomorrow. Thanks
Alligator

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 11:30:38 pm »

I'm with you,,will get with Janet at Fuintronics tomorrow. Thanks

Did you end up replacing your thermostat, and of so which model? Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: