SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 10:43:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first machine - vendo 63 (pepsi)  (Read 8974 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »

The style of the logo  places it  mid 1960's. Not much more help beyond that

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Alligator

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 09:14:23 pm »

I love the look of that marquee. Pepsi certainly had Coke beat on their illumination design. The can vending is very handy too. Bravo!

I prefer soda in bottles, but the can vending is much easier on the pocket book.  The light up sign is in very good condition too.  Just used a little cleaner on it and it was ready to go.  Lights up the room at night too.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 10:17:55 pm »

Glass bottles are always too expensive these days, and can be rather dangerous.

I hope it's okay if I ask here. Can the Vendo 63's that are can units from the factory also vend the smaller bottles, or are they strictly for cans?
Alligator

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 10:58:31 pm »

Glass bottles are always too expensive these days, and can be rather dangerous.

I hope it's okay if I ask here. Can the Vendo 63's that are can units from the factory also vend the smaller bottles, or are they strictly for cans?

I'm not sure.  I wasn't able to get the 9.5oz starbucks mocha to vend. The lock bar appeared to hit the bottle side. Have not tried any other glass bottles.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/bottled-drinks/bottled-frappuccino-mocha?foodZone=9999
Alligator

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »

Replaced the compressor fan today!  Purchased a replacement from SodaJerkWorks. Pulled out the compressor about half way and was able to remove the old fan from there.  The fan motor was wired to the relays via ring terminals secured by screws.  Fan is pulling the air through the coils and out the back of the machine.  I did not time it but it took about an hour. (including looking for tools and cleanup)

Fan is working good now and is very quiet.  Besides the light bulbs the fan motor was the only thing that was not working.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: