SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 10:03:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cav. 96 light ballast  (Read 2533 times)
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« on: January 15, 2011, 02:00:37 pm »

I was wondering do you have to take the inner door liner off to get to the ballast on a cav 96 sure seems that way  darn

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
JKyleW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:37 am »

Not sure if you resolved this, but for my CSS-96-F, the ballasts and bulbs can be accessed without removing the door liner. It's been a looonnng time since I did this, but I believe there a couple of screws behind the top of the door to unscrew but then you should be able to carefully pry the light frame out of the housing from the front using a knife or other tool. Just be careful not to damage the rubber gasket.

Kyle
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »

yea ive done that the ballasts must be behiend the panel where the lights mount the starters are under there there are holes in the panel to access those. the ballasts seem to be under that pannel which is rivited on maybee I have to drill out the rivits I dont know. thanks

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
JKyleW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:53:15 pm »

Yeah, I think you're right -you do have to remove the door cover. There are screws on the back side of the door that the metal panel with the lights/ballasts are mounted to. No drilling of rivets necessary though. It's a pain because of all the screws and the weatherstripping covering them makes the screwheads hard to reach. Good luck!

Kyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: