SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 09:12:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin mechanism  (Read 6275 times)
« on: January 21, 2003, 02:01:07 am »

How do I change the amount that my machine takes?  It currently takes 20 cents but I want to change it to 10 cents.  It has one of those of Coin Acceptor plastic mechanisms in it now.   Another question....I keep seeing coinco steel ones on ebay.  Are those more correct for my machine?

Thanks, Doug
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 08:25:31 am »

If you look at the top corners of the slug-rejector portion of the mech. you'll see two plastic catches, flip them up slightly and tip the top of the slug-rejector towards you until it clears the top of the mech. then pull the slug rejector up & out. now you'll see some switches just behind where the slug-rejector was, these are the price setting switchs, up is "on"
from left to right the value of eack switch is as follow, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40, etc. cents, to set the price for say 25 cents flip up the 1st and 4th switch, ( 5 + 20 = 25 cents). now if an all metal coin mech is "correct" for your machine, that depends on which machine and model you have. most  all-metal mech.'s are usally single-price units and are not adjustable to change the price without changing th entire coinmech. (some later one's were adjustable though)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 05:48:27 pm »

Thanks so much for the reply Jonie.  Now I get how to adjust it.  And now I understand why so many of the machines have the plastic coin mechanism like mine does.  I wouldn't want a metal one if that meant it had a fixed price.

thansk, Doug
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 05:49:26 pm »

Sorry Johnie, I misspelled your name.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 07:10:16 pm »

Hi guys.  I tried to adjust the mechanism but it is different from the one you described.  It looks like it's adjustable, but I can't see how to do it.  if you look at the picture it looks like it should have a screw to adjust, but in the hole there is a clear plastic piece that covers what looks like a fuse or something like that.  I tried to take it apart but that front red piece doesn't seem to want to come apart.  Covering the hole was a decal that said Tested $.20.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Doug
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 10:25:36 pm »

Geez not like they make it easy or anything! my guess is beneath that cover you'll find that it's hard-wired on the circut board for 20-cents, and there should have been a 3 position switch in that hole, you can still get alot of info directly from coinco's tech support on the web. @ their site,
http://www.coin-acceptors.com maybe it's cheaper to just put in an S-75 9800 series mech?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 10:57:58 pm »

I think your right about it being hard wired.  Seems there should be a screw in there to turn but there's not.  I'll go check out their site to see what it says.

Doug
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 11:18:49 pm »

If the mech is hard-wired for 20 cents and it originally had the ability to select a vend amount, then chances are, the mech could be wired for 10 cents if this was one of the original choices...

What manufacturer/model is this coin mech?
Can you provide a picture with the red cover removed?

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 11:38:20 pm »

It's a coin acceptors, Inc model number EB9400-807 serial number 11290.  The red cover won't come off.  I tried but couldn't do it.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Here's a picture.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2003, 11:48:13 pm »

picture
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: