SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 06:56:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reproduced large door coin mechs  (Read 7655 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: September 14, 2005, 12:10:38 pm »

I have been talking to home arcade about their reproduction large door mechs. They are $350 and only accept dimes. Has anyone had any luck with these? That really isn't a bad price since it is new and doesn't have to be restored. But then again it isn't correct. Any Input?
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 01:01:03 pm »

They look nice. They come complete with plate and handle.

But....you are absolutely right when you say they aren't "correct". I figure if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd rather price out the plating myself and have an original.

But....If you want something pretty and turn key and don't have the time or the desire to fool around with restoring your old one or bying an old one and restoring/getting it restored, then this is the ticket. Like you, I'd like to find somebody that has one and see how they like it.

Brian
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 01:59:21 pm »

Josh

Where did you get that information & picture?

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 02:13:59 pm »

I got the info from www.homearcade.com and I emailed them for the pic. I do not think the handle comes with it. I think they just added that in the pic.
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 02:40:29 pm »

I think the web address is www.homearcadecorp.com.  Here's a link...

Home Arcade

Also, where did they get the slug rejector?  Plus, would it reject the coins to the correct area (i.e., left side/right side of mech)?

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 04:55:33 pm »

Good question Wayne. Does the rejector come with the mech?  If so, can the rejectors be ordered individually?  Looks like it would fit a small mech nicely.

Glen
90grad
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 05:20:43 pm »

My concern is where a rejected coin comes out.  In my slug rejectors, a rejected coin comes out the left, front.  On this one, that doesn't look possible.  So, even if it fits, would it work properly as far as lining up with the coin return?

I've seen this type of mech on eBay and the seller says it's for a slot machine.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 11:03:36 pm »

It is a standard arcade coin mech. I don't think it is the same size for coke machines. They say that it works just like the origionals. I got an email back from them again and the slug rejector comes with it and the chrome handle comes with it but the price has gone up to $375. Still not too bad if you ask me. I like the way it looks. Also since funtronics sells the chrome crank handles for $95 that makes the coin mech only $280 if you needed the handle anyway.
90grad
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 07:03:42 am »

Here are photos of my concern.  This is for a small door mech, which is what I have, so I don't know if it's the same for a large door.  In the first photo you can see the "bulge" on the left side of the mech, which is where rejected coins go to line up with the coin return chute.  Accepted coins go down the right side.  In the second photo (a mech on eBay which looks like the one Josh posted), you can see where a rejected coin cannot exit the left side.  It looks like both a rejected and accepted coin go down the right side and are just separated by an inner plate.  My guess is an accepted coin goes towards the back after bouncing off the anvil in the mech and a rejected coin stays to the front.  I've seen these on eBay and on the Happ Controls website before and always wondered about alinging one with the coin return.  Maybe the mech Josh posted has some internal alleys to divert a rejected coin back to the left after coming thru the rejector?  Sorry for the rambling.........

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 09:22:19 am »

I should have studdied the pic longer. That rejector will NOT be any good for Coke machines.
       As far as large mech. reproductions: if I offered a machine for sale with this mech, my customers could care less. Only a "collector" would object.  Looks like a nice unit, hopefully without the complexity of the original. Thanks for the picture, I'm not as reluctant to buy lg door machines now that there is an alternative mech.

Glen
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: