SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:38:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I might have found a machine for parts  (Read 3628 times)
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« on: July 09, 2006, 01:44:44 pm »

Well everybody knows the vf56 pepsi machine I got with bad everything. Bad compressor and such. Well a friend of mine told me of a guy I know who had a yard sale two weeks ago. With what appears to be another vf56. I did some checking and the guy took it to the land fill. Good thing I'm back in a small town. I just need a day off. Other than sunday to rumage through the fridge section to find the machine.

Here is what I know:

Possible VF56 with missing sign, good wiring and loud fan. We do not know if the machine cools. Also has bottle rack not can.

Wish me luck.

Josh

P.S: if this pans out to make a good working machine. Any parts left over is up for grabs. Prefer not to ship and for pickup or something. We will figure out what is going on after I get a chance to go and find / pick up the other machine. If it is still there. Give me about a week.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 10:32:39 pm »

Good Luck! Love these kind of stories!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:53:29 am »

I don't know about your small town, but here........if a machine went to the landfill yesterday, today it's history!

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 01:32:29 pm »

Good luck. I have also had the same experiences as moondawg. I am sorry but at this time I am not buying anything. I am mostly selling all of my stuff.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 02:36:10 pm »

I am surpised it made it through a yard sale with no takers.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 03:35:58 pm »

Picked up the other machine from the junk yard. I'll be dipped same thing. Though not as fancy. No light up sign, no sign at all. Rough body, no chrome around the door, etc, etc. They are both venderlators though VF56 with the last two letters changed after the 56. But the compressor deck cools down. I had to replace the fan. Somebody cut the fan blades and look like they added a newer motor in at one time. something is disconnected or  removed to provide free vend on the bottle rack. It looks like I got some work ahead of me. The better machine is the first one I picked up. With chrome, lighted sign and such. So you guessed it. After I replace the insulation. Fix the rust and what not. I'm going to transfer the compressor deck over to the first machine I picked up.

What way is the air suspose to blow? I got this one suck in from front to out the back.

So wish me luck. When I get done. I'll have a few parts. No I have not decided to do cans or bottles.

later,

Josh
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 04:09:45 pm »

Wow, looks like you lucked out!
The fan should blow out the back.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 11:03:36 am »

Okay, Got Pictures now. I'm to lazy but is this a generic VF56? I couldn't get a pic of the other machine I got. But this is deffenetly less fancy. However, both machines do have the glass door in them.

Later,

Josh

No I have not had the time to make 1 running machine yet. Still working on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: