SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:08:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about cooling system  (Read 3122 times)
gaz66corv
« on: December 18, 2007, 09:06:09 am »

I purchased a 1965 cavalier coke machine and have painted it and now have all of the lights working.I am now at the point where i have plugged it in to see how the cooling system works.I have zero experience with cooling systems.What happens is,it turns on and runs fine for approx 5 to 10 minutes then shuts off.The fan by the evaporator still keeps on running as it should do.The lower fan by the compressor is NOT working at all.Would this be the reason that it shuts off after a few minutes ?Or is there something else that could be causing this problem?.Iwould like to start from the least expensive and work my way up.If it is just the lower fan does anybody know where i can purchase one?.Thanks in advance for everyones help.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 09:36:52 am »

I'd get a new condenser fan.  You can try Grainger or a local refrigeration store, like Johnstone.

You could first, check the wiring to make sure that a lead is not off.

If the fan is stiff and hums.  You could oil the bearings to loosen it up, but if it isn't doing anything, just replace it.  They're not to expensive.  Bring the old motor with you so they can match it.

A lot of stuff.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:34 am »

Either way it is a good idea to replace both fan motors for any machine. I would pull them both off and replace them at the same time. After all it might save you a trip to the HVAC store.
gaz66corv
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 05:55:48 pm »

Ty for your input.I did purchase a new fan and have just finished insatlling it.It has been running now for 12 min.....lol.Maybe that did the trick.Thank-you again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: