SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 07:29:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Busy weekends  (Read 3162 times)
darrelcraig

« on: October 06, 2012, 09:06:02 pm »

Over the last 2 weeks I picked up 2 C-27s and a Westinghouse MD-60.  The C-27 on the left was pulled from a barn not too far from where I live in Tennessee. The body is completely rusted and the coin mech is rusted pretty bad, but it is complete except for the precooling basket. 

The other two machines were in middle and eastern North Carolina  The C-27 on the right is in pretty good shape, but doesn't have anything inside the tub and is missing the coin mech and gears. So think I'm pretty close to a whole machine.

I spent a day on the road and a night in a hotel due to a flat tire on my trailer to get the Westie and the 27 on the right.  Fortunately, I was able to pick them both up on the same trip.

Once I get the Westie cleaned up, it's going to find a home next to my 102.   Looks like I've got my winter work cut out for me  biggrin
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 10:11:07 pm »

Congrats on the pickups. Sounds like you live in east TN???  Just wondering as I live in KY. By the way, you say you have a 102....are you referring to a Cavalier 102?

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:25:17 am »

nice pickups!! shipping may have been cheaper then a hotel!!

Tim
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 09:51:45 am »

I like the picture of that nice original 27 sitting next to it's donor machine.

Even the most rusted coin mech's will usually work well after they have been plated, they will just have a lot of pits from the rust. Looks like you will have an extra coin door and lid to sell too. It would also be very advisable to remove that complete cooling system, and intact if possible, as problems often occur with 27's, 33's and      2 case office coolers.

Great series of events you had, thanks for sharing.

Glen
darrelcraig

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »

Thanks for the comments guys.  I live in Oak Ridge, TN, just outside of Knoxville.  The 102 I mentioned is a Westinghouse wc-102-md.

The hotel stay was my reward for thinking I could pull a trailer 800 miles without a spare.  darn Fortunately I have a ton of hotel points, so it didn't cost anything other than a delay and some stress.  It makes for a good story though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: