SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 09:15:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What candy machine is this  (Read 3649 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: April 19, 2009, 02:36:46 am »

Can anyone ID this machine and what is it worth if its complete and in descent condition. I found it on craigslist for a good price. are these worth anything? Parts or restored? Or should I hold out for a stoner?
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:53:05 am »

That's a National 10c I think, but one for snacks and pastries. Kind of rare really. Wouldn't mind having that one myself. Late 50's. Others can chime in, but I would pay $250 or thereabouts.
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:04:49 pm »

That is a national  snack machine, it is very heavy about 300 lbs, but has a lot of chrome on it, if done up it comes out great, can be done as a moon pie machine, very cool, i had  a stoner snack machine done  in  moon pies and it looks great, buy it , you do not see them much
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:57:33 pm »

That is National 510, made in the late 50's.  We used several of these back in the 60's to actually about 1990. They had been converted to electronic coin mechs.

As you can see this was a 10 pull, but it has been converted to a five pull, which was easy.  Need to do that to take snacks instead of candy. 

From what I can see not worth much on the market, but I think they are nice machines, plus I known all little bit about them, since I filled them.  Also have manuals for them.  The ones I have seen are 9 Candy +Gum/mint, so I have only seen one 10 pull before.

Value ?  Not $250.00 for that one, missing mirror trim at least.  Maybe 50-100 dollar range.

While these are not Stoners, they still be done up real nice

BG
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:21 am »

BG ,

I veiw the machine .Lot of Bondo work in some areas .Missing the Trim as you noted & also 3 of the price -Sold out Flags & rods & Missing Coin box & both locks & maybe some other items . Oh yea no Elect cord . He dosent know if it works Lots Of pry marks down right side .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:57:56 pm »

Ltransam

I will be getting two of these.  They are originally 8 Candy +Gum Mint.  I plan on using parts out of one to restore the other, but I will have parts left over like the the trim,extra coin box, etc.

Locks are not a problem, I have several already if you need one, contact me:

gclarkcmh AT juno dot com

Yes, many of them show signs of being broke into, they were not hard to do.

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: