SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 11:56:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop N' Nut machine  (Read 8291 times)
vendo39
10 Cent Member

« on: April 01, 2009, 12:12:55 pm »

Does anyone know anything about this machine?  The seller says it pops the popcorn from kernels and also vends hot nuts.  He said it was made by a company called EZ vending.  I can't seem to find much information about it.
Thanks

Brian

Vendo 39, 44, 56, 81B
Vendo Changer, early
Vendo Changer, late
Dr. Pepper Queen Anne
Nesbitts Ideal 85

Popperette, Stoner JR, Stoner 180,
Stoner Theater, Mills Candy, Canteen Candy
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:48:36 pm »

Kind of cool...I really have no idea of age, but a guess would be 90's because of the coin mech (from what I can see). What is it priced at?
Maybe somebody else knows something more?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
vendo39
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:41:34 pm »

Yeah I don't think it's old either.  The thing is he says he has the "guts" to two more that he'll throw in.  I have a popperette but it's missing a few parts so this could get me buy untill I find the missing parts.

I'm just not that wild about the style.  Popperette yes, this thing, not so much!

Brian

Vendo 39, 44, 56, 81B
Vendo Changer, early
Vendo Changer, late
Dr. Pepper Queen Anne
Nesbitts Ideal 85

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:29:54 pm »

Do you know what you are missing on the Popperette?  I don't have any parts, but I have two versions of it.  Maybe I can tell you what you need.

A lot of stuff.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 05:24:29 am »

Along the same lines as what Larry said, if you need help with Popperette's, you've come to the right place! There are a few of us here that own at least one and a few others that have might have some extra parts.

Brian
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 01:41:32 pm »

I am having mine restored by bernies auto in Ill, If you are missing a part he has a machine shop and could maybe make the part. He  does great work, He should be done in two weeks on mine, will send pictures of it done. Enclosed is a photo before he started.  jeff wolf
vendo39
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:17:12 pm »

Thanks everyone.  I decided to pass on the new popper.

Jeff, thanks for the tip on Bernies. I called and spoke with the son.  Sounded like he thought it would be better if I found more parts before I sent mine to them.

My popperette came from John and he said it is missing the main motor, oil pump and heater. If anyone has extra of those parts I would, of course, be highly interested! biggrin

Brian

Vendo 39, 44, 56, 81B
Vendo Changer, early
Vendo Changer, late
Dr. Pepper Queen Anne
Nesbitts Ideal 85

mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 04:50:06 pm »

try kim at custom records for parts  612-869-4963,  they are big into the popperette
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 07:55:05 pm »

Kim mainly has brochers and literature. I'm fairly confident that he doesn't have those particular parts. You can call him though just to make sure

The heating element is by far the Achilles Heel of the machine and then everything else fails accordingly. If you apply power to the heating element with the oil in a soild state or even worse, dry run it with no oil at all, you will fracture the ceramic body of the heating element which will lead to the resistance wire (Nichrome 60 or Kanthal) loops drooping and touching each other which will cause them to "burn out" and open up.

Like wise, if you run the pump without first ensuring that the coconut oil is in a liquid state you will destroy the pump eventually by dry running it.

The drive motor is a whole other story. I've heard that somebody might have found a small, fractional horsepower motor and modified it to work in place of the OEM motor. If not, it would take a bit of research and a fella with some machining skills to reproduce a proper mounting adapter and connecting linkage. It could be done, just a little, ok, a LOT pricey!!  biggrin

Don't let this info scare you away though, for the enterprising person with some resouces, anything can be fixed.

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:11:41 pm »

I agree that the heater is a huge piece of the puzzle.  I have extra Nichrome wire that I ohmed to the exact length of my heater.  It's size is identicle to what is on the heater.  P.M. me and you can have one. 

Besides the pump,  the gearing, that the motor hooks up to, which basically runs the pump, cam, and levers is another issue.  The mounting can be rigged up.  I've seen a few versions.

Kim definately wont have anything.  He is decals and brochures.

Good luck on your quest.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: