SMC Discussion Areas
May 22, 2024, 12:18:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Popmatic  (Read 15174 times)
joerom

« on: August 17, 2012, 04:28:10 pm »

Hello everyone,
    I am new here and wondering if anyone can help..M name is Joe and I have the Popmatic that Signguy posted a while back..I got it from someone else..It is missing the heating element assembly and I can't find any info of pictures on it..If I could at least find a picture of the heating element,I could fabricate something..Doing the work is not a problem..Also I don't see any oil reservoir otherthan the tank that the heating element dips into..I don't know what keeps the oil at constant level..This machine is different that the version with the sign on the top and the lever in front,as this works only with the coinslide..Can anyone help?
                                                              Joe
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:55:21 pm »

Welcome to the site!

There are a few folks that will be able to help out.
It may take a few days for them to see you post.
Creighton

joerom

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 06:41:38 pm »

Thanks,
    I should probably tell a little about myself here.I have restored a few arcade,jukebox and other machines in the past,and I usually look for a real challenge when taking on a project..I get great satisfaction in bringing back to life stuff that should go to the junk pile..I do have other machines that I am working on or need work..My favorite machines though are popcorn machines..I have a U-Pop-It,that I am working on,a Popperette that needs restoration,A Holcomb Hoke Model 3 with original gas generating plant that needs restoration,an Air Pops It that needs restoration and an old Star popper that makes the best popcorn that I ever had..
    As Far as the Popmatic,I think it has a really neat look,and having the base makes it a great candidate for restoration..From what I see,this model did not have the advertising glass on top,but it had a flat top with a metal sign..I will put a picture here,but I have no other pictures..
                                                                           Joe
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »

Don't own a popcorn machine, but would someday like to talk the W.D. into one! Would be too tempting for the diet conscience! I think they are cool and want to see one pop & dispense!
Never heard of a Star Popper - pic??

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 11:04:07 pm »

I have a U pop It machine that i can help you with. Brain B is the local expert on the popmatic. He makes the parts you looking for. He has a web site too.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
joerom

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 03:44:17 am »

Hello,
   Thanks for the offer,but this is my second U-Pop-It..The people here seem to be very helpful..My U-Pop-It  cabinet has already been done,and is just awaiting assembly of all the inside stuff..I just don't work as fast as I used to(getting older) when I do  project now..I probably should not be starting the Popmatic now,but I really like the looks of it..If I can just get the cooking part figured out in it,I may go back to the U-Pop-It..You say there is someone here selling parts for the Popmatic?..I also need to get more pics of my other stuff so I can post them here,but I do have a pic of my U-Pop-It........
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »

nice machine looks good

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:58:49 pm »

please post pic of your air pops it
joerom

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »

Hello,
    I loaned my camera to someone and should get it back in  a day or two and I will post a picture..The Air pops It needs a new cabinet because someone cut this one in half..I have the top half to copy and the dimensions and pictures to make a new one..Ys,it needs a lot,but it is a real neat looking machine and also very scarce.....................
    I will also try to get a pic of my Holcomb Hoke on here..It is a big machine,but has so many moving levers and links,it is amazing to watch..It also needs restoration,but looks like it is all there and has an oak cabinet..................
                                                              Joe
joerom

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 07:40:49 am »

Here is the pic of the air pops it..I am thinking this and the popmatic can go.......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: