SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 02:37:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Hop Pinball  (Read 16134 times)
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 10:32:19 pm »

You may also want to look at the Video Problems on the DKJr page.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 10:40:39 pm »

Yeah, thats the page. That got me thinking. I think I'll give Bob Roberts a call. I didn't realize he was like that. I am kind of stuck. Ill make an effort to find a good set of schematics..

Thanks..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 02:56:57 am »

Tom - The Workmate is my black and decker bench... I thought it would be a bit harsh to ask Mrs Birdman to hold the whole cabinet up ewhilst I bolted on the legs.

Kken - In the post yesterday. Hopefully to you for Xmas. Have worked long shifts so couldn't get to post office before...
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 06:27:09 am »

Dave.. no problem at all.. I really do appreciate it. You have a total for me yet?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 10:49:47 pm »

Well, it followed me home tonite... Its not as pretty as I hoped, but its still cool for a first game. I brought a buddy with me, and he kept on saying how nice it is, and how good a shape its in.. In reality, the paint is faded on the cabinet... otherwise it is in good shape. I wanted to beat the guy up a bit on the price, but with my buddy it was kind of hard to do. I'll get some pics tomorrow...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 08:28:10 am »

What do you use to clean and wax the playfield with. I have Butchers wax (Bowling Alley Wax), but it says it leaves a satin shine to it. I want a high gloss I think, right?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 08:30:32 am »

I brought a buddy with me, and he kept on saying how nice it is, and how good a shape its in.. In reality, the paint is faded on the cabinet... otherwise it is in good shape. I wanted to beat the guy up a bit on the price, but with my buddy it was kind of hard to do.

I did that once...brought a friend along to help and he just made it harder to barter because he just kept saying nice things about the machine. I wanted to slap him upside the head!  upside

Now I just tell my buddies to keep their mouth shut (or sit in the car until I need them) and let me do the talking.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 10:53:12 am »

Save your money and avoid pinball wax. A friend with a massive  collection of pinballs suggested Kit Car w/ carnuba (he swears by Kit, claims it has a higher Carnuba content  than other brands) Apply it with a peice of nylon stocking ( it's abrasive enough to  pick up the  grime buildup, but  not to  rub off paint)   let the wax dry to a haze, then  buff with a soft and clean cloth.

In between waxings, I  do a quick  clean  with Lemon Pledge, it leaves a shine, but doesn't leave a  waxy buildup. And it smells  good.  tounge

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 08:13:58 am »

Tom.. I did learn my lesson... I'm kinda shocked with this guy.. I really didn't expect to have that happen with him.

Kilroy.. Thanks.. The bowling alley wax is pure Carnuba..

I pulled the glass and started cleaning up the playfield a bit.. There is a protector over the main section which cleaned up fairly well. The spots off the protector are dirty and will need some work to clean. I put it back together until I get the bumper kit.. Then  I'll rip into it and detail it all...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 12:23:44 pm »

You may also want to look at the Video Problems on the DKJr page.

Bob Roberts did me well. I sent him an email on Friday, telling him the problem, telling him that people wanted me to replace the flyback, and also some of the diagnostics I've done already. He wrote me back suggesting its not the flyback and its probably a cold solder joint. I pulled the chassis and inspected.. sure enough, there was a bad solder joint on the main power resistor. I resoldered it, and its working fine now...  happydrinkers

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: