SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 07:53:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I have gone after these?  (Read 3528 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« on: July 01, 2013, 12:08:03 am »

Went to an auction this weekend and there were a pair of NOS National King candy machines.  Look at the picture below, the box you see behind them is the actual box they were originally shipped in.  What do you guys think of these.  Everything else at the auction was sold individually but they sold these as a pair.  I was interested in one, but didn't really want them both.  They are a great size for hanging on a wall but they are really pretty plain.  Just a metal box with very little pizazz, but damn, how often do you find NOS??!!  In the end I passed and they went cheap, but I just didn't get all that excited about their appearance at the time.  Now, of course, I am having non-buyers remorse.  Anyone seen these or have one before? 

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 01:03:41 am »

I'd have had them.In a shot. I bought the same machine off John a few years ago and it probably cost me more to ship than what you'd have paid for them..

They are NOS so I would have left them alone. Mine was in need of TLC and I eventually themed it Hersheys. Sold it a few years later and now wish (like everything
that I'd kept it.)

What did they sell for???

Dave
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 08:28:56 am »

I would've picked it up just because they looked different than the usual candy machines.  Depending on the price ofcourse.

A lot of stuff.
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 11:13:35 am »

I went to the auction specifically for the candy machines.  Turnout was light and the auction was mostly centered around signs so I thought I might get a deal.  There was only one guy there showing much interest in the candy machines but he seemed pretty set in his mind on them.  I dropped out at $170 each, mostly because I didn't want them both and they were being sold as one lot for 2 times the money.  He got a deal, but I think all I would have done was run up the price and still not ended up with them.  If they had sold them individually I think I would have ended up with one of them.  Maybe not,  I was just not all that excited by them after seeing them in person, looked too much like something I could have made up in a sheetmetal shop.  Of course now that I passed on them, they look better everytime I look at the photo.  That's what you get for being wishy washy when the opportunity shows up. 

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 12:36:58 pm »

Went to an auction this weekend and there were a pair of NOS National King candy machines.  Look at the picture below, the box you see behind them is the actual box they were originally shipped in.  What do you guys think of these.  Everything else at the auction was sold individually but they sold these as a pair.  I was interested in one, but didn't really want them both.  They are a great size for hanging on a wall but they are really pretty plain.  Just a metal box with very little pizazz, but damn, how often do you find NOS??!!  In the end I passed and they went cheap, but I just didn't get all that excited about their appearance at the time.  Now, of course, I am having non-buyers remorse.  Anyone seen these or have one before? 

This is what I have done with them. The idea came from Curtis. I would have been all over them.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 02:36:10 pm »

Cant remember the last time I saw Bit-O-Honey.  Nice work

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 09:49:58 pm »

Rod,  That's one sweet looking machine "great graphics" ... No punt intended..... Love "Bit of Honey"

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up