SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 05:06:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7up vendo 56 stopped cooling  (Read 4453 times)
choice120
« on: December 17, 2008, 08:22:50 pm »

Just went to go get a can out of the machine and the cans were warm. any ideas why she stopped cooling fan is working and when I turned it on after having it off for a few hours the fan kicked ing. Maybe compressor? Any ideas. thanks.
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:38:44 pm »

Unplug the compressor lead from the power block and plug the compressor lead directly into an extension cord . Let it run a few minutes and see if the coils inside start to frost . If it does then you have a t-stat problem . I would check and make sure both fans are working as well after you replace the t-stat . These machines are bullet prof so usually its a simple problem like a fan or t-stat . I hope this helps .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
choice120
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 06:50:00 am »

did what you sadi and the lower fan runs but the upper one doesnt. Nothing got frosty. Both ran with t-stat connected. I think I did it right. I will try again today.
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 07:14:04 am »

Sounds like you did it right . The lower fan should run if you unplugged the compressor in directly because it's wired to the compressor . Sound like you might have a refrigeration leak . Just my two sense .

Zadd
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 07:16:14 am »

You could also by pass the tstat by connecting both wires to themselves and see it it cools .

Zadd
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
choice120
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 07:21:43 am »

I will try that. Also when I plugged the compressor directly into extension cord fan ran at compressor but I didnt hear the compressor humming?
choice120
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 09:06:12 am »

which t-stat should I use to replace the ranco a12 in my  v56. there are many a12s like the 700 or 701. thanks
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:10:53 am »

If the compressor is not working with it plugged in directly I doubt it is the T-stat. If you cannot hear the compressor running carefully touch it. Be careful if it has been running a while it will be HOT. You can generally feel the vibration if it is running. You may need a 3-in-one starter. This helps start hard to start compressors or your compressor may be shot.
choice120
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 11:15:12 am »

going to start a new thread later with pics. I decided to disassemble the whole machine since I have to work on compressor. I will restore the inside first then the outside. I will post pics later with questions on where to get the original decals for the 7up machine. The emblems on this machine are painted. Watch for the new thread drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: