SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 12:21:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice-vend  (Read 5454 times)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« on: January 19, 2006, 10:39:32 pm »

Hello

I have the big boy of home vending Choice Vend 299 back together but I have found some cooling problems. Today we ( my AC service manager) installed a valve, evacuated the system & recharged with Hot Shot 414B freon. When I left for the night we left the tempreture probes inside the machine so we could measure the tempreture at the vend area & up 3/4 of the way up the cabinet.

I think we are having airflow problems. When I opened the machine for cleaning & service the two existing evaporator fan motors were dead. I installed two new motors & I made the airflow go in a downward motion towards the  evaporator coil below. This makes the area were the soda's that are in ready to vend & the precool area the coldest but the upper area warmer.

Which way should the airflow across this coil? Should it be pushed down across the coil or pulled up through the coil?

I am at home posting this so I will post a picture tomarrow from work but the evaporator fan motors sit on a shelf & above this shelf is a sloped scoop that could be something to force the out away from the back wall

I hope this description of the situation will allow others to comment.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
cvb141
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:55:33 pm »

The airflow should be directed down across the evaporator on your choice vend and not drawn upward.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 02:15:20 am »

It depends on the application, as my Cavalier C51 (as all C51 do) had the evap.' fan pulling the air up over the the coils (from the bottom, up in regards to cabinet position) on my old ChoiceVend CVC224/Pepsi had defective evap' fans (mine had three total) they all blew down (I could tell by the "dust" pattern on the back wall of the cabinet) But,Westinghouse WD (dry) chest coolers  pull the air "up" & over the  coils then out the top of the evaporator housing to flow "down" over the bottles, a fact they mention in the sales brochures too

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 08:02:32 am »

J G

Your machine is an exact match as mine.  

Did the soda's in the upper part of your CV racks get cold?

So I guess I have it set up correctly.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
cvb141
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 10:18:49 pm »

Kevin,
The ones at the top of mine get cold enough, considering you drink the ones at the bottom first. The top ones will be cooled down the same by the time they work their way down.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:33:29 am »

cvb141 is correct, on ChoiceVends, the bottom cans (or bottles) are chilled first, as they are to be vended first, then the upper stack,  as for the westinghouse chest coolers, the top bottles are served first, so they are chilled first...kinda logical....so keep that in mind when setting your themostat! (is you set it too cold, you'll freeze the bottom cans!) I use a remote reading electronic thermometer & place the probe at the point of "service" ie: where the customer will receive the product (sodas) in this case towards the bottom of the rack, on a glass-door vendor, I place it just above the middle shelf, in the vending opening...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pixel
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 12:49:58 am »

This question may seem a little silly, but to double check-

I've heard the term "precool" used in places. Is that what the process described above does?
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 06:45:01 am »

Pixel -
The pre-cool area of a soda pop machine is where soda that isn't actually in the vending mechanism sits. It's on site for quicker loading and it's already at or close to vending temperature depending on the pre-cool  location. So when the service man comes to refill an empty machine he already has cold bottles to put in first so that if a customer is waiting while he loads it, he will definitely get a nice cold bottle of whatever.

Some machine have the pre-cool area located right next to the Evaporator on the bottom of the liner and others have them at the top of the machine over the top of the vending mech/stack.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: