SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:36:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 63/7 condenser fan and T stat issues  (Read 4114 times)
Scooby Doo

« on: October 22, 2014, 08:55:12 pm »

My Vendo 63/7 just started having a condenser fan issue. I heard the compressor turn on and about 5 minutes later I smelled heat coming from the machine. When I checked under the machine, the compressor was running but the fan was not. The compressor started getting really hot. I'm guessing the clickit (think that's the right word for it) didn't shut the compressor off.

I disconnected the fan from the compressor and decided to run the fan directly to a dedicated volt source. The fan ran for 6 hours non stop without an issue. When I connected the fan back up to the compressor it worked a few times with the compressor but then sometimes it wouldn't. Is it time to replace the fan?

When the fan is working correctly the compressor is still running hot. The machine does get cold.

The other problem is that when the compressor runs it won't shut off. The T stat is the slotted turn style. When I turn it all the way to the right the compressor will turn off but if I turn it back to where it was normally set at the compressor keeps running.

Reading other posts I've read that sometimes the T stat gets stuck and needs a little hit to free it up.

Both issues just started happening at the same time since I moved it from the garage to my basement.

Dan
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:12 pm »

The fan motor is in a hot area and the wires can become brittle, they often break off right at the casing.
       The thermostat can be tested using the ice water trick, but it's likely faulty as well.
       Both are available from sponsors on this site.

Glen
Scooby Doo

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:41:18 am »

The wiresd going to the motor are fine. As I said the motor works fine when I plugged it directly to an outlet and it ran continuesly untill I unplugged it. The issue I found was once in a while it wouldn't spin when it was wired with the compressor.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:17:16 pm »

The issue I found was once in a while it wouldn't spin when it was wired with the compressor.
Generally, the compressor fan runs only when the compressor is operating.

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: