SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 02:01:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sould i replace my Evaporator fan Motor just because??  (Read 3589 times)
addamb
5 Cent Member

« on: August 20, 2014, 06:53:47 am »

So in a few weeks when the fam goes away to visit family, i'm going to gut my V90, to take care of rust issues, and clean up/paint my compressor deck. I'm replacing my original thermostat while i have it out, and i'm curious if i "need" to replace my fan motors. They both work fine, and run quiet, the only issue (which i don't think is an issue) is that when the compressor is off, and the house is quiet i can sometimes hear the evaporator fan hum sound change very slightly. It pushes plenty of air, and it may just be normal fluctuations in the house voltage. But i figured i'd ask the question. It's not a constant change, it's just every so often i'll hear it.   

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
1981 Asteroids Deluxe Cabaret
1981 Ms. Pac-Man Cocktail
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:27:42 am »

When it's out you can determine if the noise is from the motor bearings or an unbalanced fan blade.

Glen
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:34:25 am »

When it's out you can determine if the noise is from the motor bearings or an unbalanced fan blade.

Good point!

I think alot of the "hum" is because the back of the motor is pressed against the back of the liner. So when i reinstall the evaporator and drill the new holes to secure it to the liner, i'm going to scoot it forward just a hair and space things out with a few spots of sheet rubber so it won't be transfering anything to the liner anymore. I'm sure even a new motor and fan woudl transfer soem noise if pressed up directly to the back of the tank like that.

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:34:08 am »

I don't know how hard the motors on a V90 are to change. But with any restoration best to replace potential failure points while it is easy. Your call.
Creighton

addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 06:40:22 am »

I don't know how hard the motors on a V90 are to change. But with any restoration best to replace potential failure points while it is easy. Your call.
Creighton

It's not bad, I can slide out the compressor deck by just removing a couple screws, in my case i don't even have to pull the bottle rack. But that is something to keep in mind though since it's in our house and running 24-7 and we go away alot on the weekends.

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: