SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:03:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the "best" type of thermostat?  (Read 4130 times)
addamb
5 Cent Member

« on: July 08, 2014, 10:13:33 am »

My V-90 has a non-contact style thermostat that's just kinda hanging in the air behind the fan. It seems to be hyper sensitive in the sense that if i open the door to fill the machine, it kicks the compressor on within about 15 seconds which is probably normal for that style. It is origional to the machine so i was thinking of replacing it just for general purpose. Can i put either type in my machine? I feel like a contact style would be more accurate and less sensitive to doors being opened. Also how would i "mount" the end of the tube of a contact thermostat in a "non"contact" machine? Could i simply clamp it to the frame near the internal fan?

Thanks!

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
1981 Asteroids Deluxe Cabaret
1981 Ms. Pac-Man Cocktail
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 01:43:13 pm »

I do agree that the contact style is the best bet as air temp changes wouldn't affect it as rapidly.

as far as mounting it.. just clamp the end to the side of the evaporator like the originals.. should work just fine.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:31:53 pm »

I do agree that the contact style is the best bet as air temp changes wouldn't affect it as rapidly.

as far as mounting it.. just clamp the end to the side of the evaporator like the originals.. should work just fine.

Thanks! Can i just use something simple like a Paper clamp from work? (The black ones with the two little silver "handles" on it)

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:54 am »

You could , but be carefull.... Employee Theft is being enforced heavily these days... and if you take that Paper Clip from Work, they now have documented proof on SMC that you took it.. you could be prosecuted to the highest level of the law for that one!..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:00:18 am »

You could , but be carefull.... Employee Theft is being enforced heavily these days... and if you take that Paper Clip from Work, they now have documented proof on SMC that you took it.. you could be prosecuted to the highest level of the law for that one!..

HA HA!! Nice!!! happydrinkers

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
Alligator

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 12:56:10 pm »

Do you have a link to a pic of a good mounting example?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: