SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 10:44:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about a Vendo 81 with a cut cooling line  (Read 4351 times)
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« on: April 09, 2014, 07:51:16 am »

Good Morning! I hope someone can point me in the right direction with this machine. I had a great refridgeration guy in the area - knowledgeable and affordable but he recently changed jobs and is no longer able to work on my machines. Bummer. I am looking for someone else local but have come up short so far.

On to the machine... I have a Vendo 81 that someone cut the metal cooling line that runs from the bottom to top. I am trying to determine if the compressor is working so that I know whether I should look for a new/different compressor or whether my (hopefully) new found cooling repair person will be able to repair this one.

When I plug the compressor unit in, the cut line out of the compressor puts out quite a good volume of air. But, I hear a clicking sound every few seconds also.

Does the air being pumped out by the compressor indicate that the compressor is not "frozen?"

Is the clicking sound normal because it is an open system at the moment and the compressor is not able to generate internal pressure? Or does the clicking mean that the compressor is frozen and won't engage?

Hope someone can offer some insights. I don't plan to repair myself, just interested in getting a head start on getting parts if they are needed. thanks in advance for your help.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:24:28 pm »

Sorry no one answered you on this old post Brenda.

The compressor sounds fine.
       It is very advisable to pinch the open copper lines to keep out unwanted elements until they get re-soldered.
       You don't really have to find a service man in your area, just remove the unit and send it out.
       The cost of shipping would probably equal the cost of having a truck and technician come to your house anyways.

Glen
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:30:01 am »

Ken Barrett (kbareit) can fix it.

Bring it to the show in November!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Ltransam
Soda Jerks