SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 09:23:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Painting my vendo 39  (Read 4332 times)
« on: April 02, 2003, 08:41:24 am »

I have cleaned and fixed my rusted pile of old Coke machine and now I am ready to make it beautiful. I have a body shop lined up, but they want a paint code. Can anyone help? The inside container for the drum was powder coated gray, any suggestions on how this should be done?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 09:10:33 am »

Hello Bill,

The folowing post has a few older paint codes but I would definately have the shop cross-reference them to be sure they are what you are looking for...
Some people are a little unhappy with certain codes/colors and therefore go with another code/color.
Additionally, utilizing the Search Feature could help find information discussed previously... Just a tip!

Sikkens or PPG Paint Codes

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 11:04:24 am »

A couple of days ago I posted these paint codes.... The picture make the red look a little more orangey than it really is. The last time I tried to use an alleged Ditzler paint number my supplier said it was invalid. I'm very happy with the colors I used. The numbers are for a base coat clear coat PPG Omni AU acrylic urethane paint system. As good of a price as you'll get but very good quality.

Nate

http://soda-machines.com/cgi-loc....3;t=661
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 09:00:25 pm »

On another note, some paint shops like to use a certain brand of paint products... Are they willing and setup to spray another brand of paint...?

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 08:29:43 am »

Thanks for your help. The shop said they can run witht that info. I'm new to the coke machines and this web sight, sorry if I have redundant questions, but I have one more. I was planning on using a base coat/clear coat. Applying the base, airbrushing the Coka Cola embossed letters and then clearcoating. Is this the wrong way?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 09:18:36 am »

Generally speaking, (assuming you aren't spraying it yourself) the better shops will use the paint suggested by the customer, granted, sometimes at higher cost because the bulk quantity discounts aren't there. Also, the better paint manufacturers will cross reference competitors paint codes so for instance you can often use a DuPont product if you have a PPG number. Some paint types are also more conducive to soda machine use, i.e. clearcoats are great for trapping those decals or handpainting over embossed stuff.

Nate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: