SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 06:47:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stickers  (Read 5372 times)
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:42 pm »

Has any one bought and used the coca cola logo and the ice cold stickers for a vendo 39 . I am thinking about using them instead of painting letters . Just wonder who you bought them from and how they turned out?

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »

Check with Rod at Fun-Tronics he may have a set that you paint the white, apply the decals over the white, shoot the red paint then remove the decals and clear coat... then you have white painted letters.... this works very well.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:00:36 pm »

I recently picked up a Vendo 81 in nice original condition and the paint on the letters was worn of (or maybe painted over).  Anyway,  I have my own vinyl cutter and made my own decals.  I found the vector art online, did some measuring, scaling and then cut them.  It took a couple attempts but finally got it.  I know Rod sells them and I'm guessing they will line up perfectly.  I had to kind of heat and stretch my decals to get them to fit decently.  I only put them on mine because I think it looks better and I know I can take them off if needed.  If I was doing a restoration, hopefully I could find someone to paint them.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 10:46:47 am »

I recently picked up a Vendo 81 in nice original condition and the paint on the letters was worn of (or maybe painted over). .
Not to bust your bubble, but the machine is not an original paint job.. it looks fine for display purposes dont' get me wrong but the keys to know it's been repainted:

painted over the Bottle door medallion
Painted over the Coke logo (obviously why you needed decals)
Painted over the Vendo logo
No markings on coin door , like "Deposit coin here", "Open Bottle here" and "Do not deposit coin if bottles are not visible"
and I'm sure you'll find some overspray on the stainless trim and elsewhere.

but not a bad display until you decide what you want to do with it...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »

I guess I should have worded it differently.  I know is has been repainted but didn't know if it was an old factory repaint or someone else had painted it prior to the lady I got it from who owned it for 35yrs.  You can see on the coin door that the decals were painted over along with everything else you mentioned. Yes there is over spray on the door seals and then the kick plate was  repainted, however I did strip the paint off it. I was debating getting it restored as I don't have much invested in it now but then again doubt my wife will approve of that when we are looking to buy a new house.   It does cool fine but the wiring needs replaced as the insulation is cracked.  I do appreciate you comments as it gives ideas on what to look for in the future when buying machines.  Now only if I could find a 44 to add to the collection..
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »

I guess I should have worded it differently.  I know is has been repainted but didn't know if it was an old factory repaint or someone else had painted it prior to the lady I got it from who owned it for 35yrs.  You can see on the coin door that the decals were painted over along with everything else you mentioned. Yes there is over spray on the door seals and then the kick plate was  repainted, however I did strip the paint off it. I was debating getting it restored as I don't have much invested in it now but then again doubt my wife will approve of that when we are looking to buy a new house.   It does cool fine but the wiring needs replaced as the insulation is cracked.  I do appreciate you comments as it gives ideas on what to look for in the future when buying machines.  Now only if I could find a 44 to add to the collection..

You should see what happens if you call one restored!! tounge You get the same type of list but a lot longer!  biggrin

Tim
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 08:34:38 pm »

Well I like it , good looking machine

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 02:35:08 am »

I'd love it...
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 05:17:41 pm »

Nice job!

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 08:15:00 pm »

Machine looks great. Congrats!

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: