SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 09:15:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evap fan motor and thermostat questions -Vendo 44  (Read 9348 times)
jeff740

« on: September 28, 2013, 08:37:44 am »

I've recently gotten around to restoring my compressor deck components.  I replaced all motors and wiring and everything seems to be working just fine.

One question I do have has to do with the direction of the evaporator fan.  When it's running, I noticed that the air blows down and not up into the bottle stack area.  This is probably the correct set up but I wanted to just make sure in case I goofed something up by putting the fan blades on upside down or something.

Also, when hooking up the new thermostat, there are two prongs on it labelled cut in and cut out.  Any idea which wire goes where or maybe it doesnt matter?? There are two wires going to it, one black and one white.

Thanks!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 02:54:20 pm »

It's supposed to be blowing the air up & over the bottle stack...Assuming you reused your original fan blade, it's possible you purchase / installed a evap' motor that has the wrong rotation (CW=Clockwise vs CCW=Counter-clockwise) as viewed from the wired side of the motor ( also referred to as the "lead" end) however some motor manufactures state the rotational direction as viewed from the shaft end should have been written on the box & stamped on the rear of the motor.

The thermostat should only have two terminals & it doesn't matter which wire goes where, the cut-in & cut-out is referring to two little screw-driver slots that are an adjustment for the turn-on & turn off points of the thermostat, don't monkey with them. 

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
jeff740

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:06:32 pm »

I ordered the motor from Funtronics and assumed everything was equal.  When I am back home and in front Of my machine I will have to test the two motors and see if they are different.  If they are, I guess I can just flip the fan blade over to reverse the air flow.  The fan blade is however held on by those push on fastener type things that the motor comes with.  Once I remove it I don't think it is reusable, or maybe it is, but if it is not does anyone know if these can be bought at any big box store???
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:23:16 pm »

The fan blade throws air the same direction no matter which way you turn it.
        If you ordered motors from one of our suppliers, you know they are correct.
        Is it possible your fan blade could be the wrong one?

Glen
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 07:04:36 pm »

I ordered the motor from Funtronics and assumed everything was equal.  When I am back home and in front Of my machine I will have to test the two motors and see if they are different.  If they are, I guess I can just flip the fan blade over to reverse the air flow.  The fan blade is however held on by those push on fastener type things that the motor comes with.  Once I remove it I don't think it is reusable, or maybe it is, but if it is not does anyone know if these can be bought at any big box store???

Oo  So it's an open cage type motor, like you'd find in a bathroom exhaust?

see pictures 1st one or the 2nd?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
jeff740

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »

It's definitely the second motor.  I will post some photos of my an blade in the morning.
jeff740

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 07:39:42 pm »

I checked out the fan motors and they are both labelled CW - Clockwise although when watching the direction of rotation it seems to be CCW.  Not a big deal, but Im guessing the problem is that perhaps it is the incorrect fan blade as suggested above.

I have attached a pic that I took of the evap fan before cleaning everything up.  If anyone could have a look to confirm that the blades are backwards it would be much appreciated.  I guess I would then order the correct part from funtronics.

Thanks.
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 08:15:29 pm »

Does the blade turn CCW looking at it as pictured? If it does I believe it is correct as the fan pulls the air in and discharges it out the back to the top of the machine.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
jeff740

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:51:23 pm »

Yes it turns CCW as shown.  It would be great if the set up is correct.  After revamping the cooling system, I've only had it running on my work bench where it was pulling air down which seemed odd.  Thinking about what you said seems like it might be correct after all. 

Thanks for the help!
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:18 pm »

Jeff... yes it's correct.

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
jeff740

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 06:02:34 pm »

Fantastic!  Thanks for the confirmation!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: