SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 12:20:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoration/Refurbishment myself or farm it out?  (Read 8828 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 09:46:11 am »

There you have it, honest opinions from restorers and other members of the Historical Soda-machine Preservation Society.  biggrin

Glen
photogman

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 10:00:24 am »

Ok, now before you roll your eyes, how can I be absolutely sure this is original and not an old refurbishment?  Just asking....
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »

Ok, now before you roll your eyes, how can I be absolutely sure this is original and not an old refurbishment?  Just asking....
Too many "signs of originality" that would lead us to the direction given to keep it as original as possible...
Our favorite cliche: "It's Only Original Once!"

My six cents,

Jim

photogman

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 03:24:43 pm »

Yeah I would leave thing alone on the shell , But I would pull the tank ,shelves and bottle rack and spend the time and money and powder coat them 
with a ultra chrome  or super ultra chrome  it will make that inside look much better and when people see the inside they wont be thinking twice about
getting a drink from it .
And  do the compressor  new fan motors new wiring harness and new thermostat.

Just my two cents smile

I like your two cents!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 09:15:28 am »

yes as stated, too many signs of originality,, most restorations don't use "Screened" labeling, meaning where it says bottle opener and coin return, and the message above the coin door , "if bottles are not visible"  these where screened on originally and most restorations will use vinyl or water release decals.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: