SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 12:07:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to transfer coke machines  (Read 3349 times)
« on: May 03, 2003, 02:45:37 pm »

Greetings from the new kid on the block! I just purchased 2 Coke machines, one being a Cavalier CSS-96G and I don't know the model of the other one but it appears to be early '80s that vends 12 oz cans.

What is the best way to transfer these?  Is it OK to set them on their sides in a pickup truck or is it better to keep them upright?  I won't be picking them up at the same time.  If it helps, both machines are not guaranteed to work which is one of the main reasons why I bought them. Thanks for any and all advice.
Toorawl
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 09:57:43 am »

I'm glad this topic came up, and Am looking forward to Eric , from Global Compressor responding.  
      I will never forget the day years ago,I  just picked up a nice original Vendo 39. Had it tied upright in the back of my truck. One of the curves on the way home took my machine, I watched the whole thing in the rear view mirror!
      I've been laying them on their back ever since!  I was told the compressor has a suction tube into a pool of oil on the bottom. Was advised to let stand for an hour after up-righting, to allow the oil to run down the walls and back into the pool.            
       I think almost everyone has been told at one time or another, that refrigerators must not lie down.   Eric, what's the real story?                              Glen

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 01:54:14 pm »

Laying soda machines on their side has worked for me over the years but I have always allowed several hours to pass before firing up the refrigeration system... I have usually left machines upright for more than 6 hours...

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 05:19:30 pm »

I posed this question to several "experts" and they said it was preferable to have them standing up but you can lay them on the backside if necessary.  Just let it sit for several hours in an upright position before plugging it back in.  I tried moving a CS-72 standing up in the back of my truck.  I tied it and strapped it down but it still toppled over when I got up to about 35 mph.  The machine completed the journey on its back.  I let it sit upright for a day and plugged it in with no problems.  Also recently had a V-81a shipped on its back from New York to San Francisco.  Let it sit upright for a day then plugged it in with no problems.  

That being said I'm curious to what Eric at Global has to say about this topic.
rangerdale
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 10:06:33 pm »

I also transported my laCrosse 7up machine on its back, came from Hixton Wisconsin to Pittsburgh Pa,  left it sit upright for about three days, turned on the refrigeration unit, cools and sounds great
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: