SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 06:05:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought a Westinghouse WB78-6  (Read 6476 times)
71mach351
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:12:12 am »

I just picked up my first Coke machine off ebay.  It's an x-mas present for the  wife so I dropped it off a a friend's house.  I have not had a chance to really dig into it yet but I was able to plug it in and verify a few things.  It does get cold. the coin mechanism does accept dimes and activate the dispense mechanism.  The first 3 selections work and the 4th seemed to jam the can in the mechanism.

Now for some initial questions.  I paid $120. How's that compare to the going rate? How do I access the "make another selection" lights? Some are burned out.  How do I access the Coca Cola light at the top?
I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get it home.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:43:16 am »

Hi and welcome!
I had a WB-78 dropped in my lap not too long ago - a little different from yours, but not too different.
I salvaged a bunch of parts from it, so if you can't find a certain switch or something, let me know.
With the coin door open, look up under the selection panel (see pic). You should see a spring clip or screws or something that will release the panel and you can then flip it up.
Once it is flipped up, you will find a couple more screws securing the light assembly. Unscrew those and you should be able to pull the sign out and access the bulb, ballast and starter.
Hope this helps!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:04:09 pm »

Welcome here!  I've got a Westinhouse 102, which is a "big brother" to this machine.  My selector panel open as follows...  When you open the coin door (your 2nd picture), there may be an L-shaped piece of metal in the middle at the top, back of the area (behind that fat, black plug in the picture).  Pull this down and hold it down (it is spring-loaded).  With it held down, the selector panel should pull FORWARD.  In other words, the top of it pulls forward.  The light bulbs are in here.

There are manuals available for this machine.  Try www.sodamachinemanuals.com.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Pages: [1]   Go Up