SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 08:20:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Dr. Pepper machine VF 77D-A  (Read 7796 times)
Trickdragon
« on: October 05, 2010, 01:36:42 am »

Well this is my first post Smiley  I find soda machines for people all the time. My love is Pinball games, and arcade games, but I can't help but have a love for a soda out of a soda machine. Man if I lived in Dublin TX My machine would always be filled with Dr. Pepper. This is a Vendorlator VF77D-A.   I found this one and wanted to fix it up and sell.  The cool thing is it works good and all I did is work on the coin mech clean it and power wash the bottom out.  Man it looks nice for it's age.  After I power washed it I had to wax it!  So it's clean and working!  How much do you think this bad boy can be sold for?  I know it's a square top, but that Dr. pepper green is one you don't see all the time.  Hell this machine is not one you see all the time.  Help out a new guy Smiley  Thanks to all!!!!
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:36:33 am »

WOW !  Nice Little Machine . If It Were In Cincinnati I'd let you Give It To ME  tounge   No Really I think It's Cool Looking With the Can Oppener on it (I like Odd )

BUT have not seen that type in my area . But Most Squre Corrners Go for Anywhere of the $200 to $400 range around here

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Trickdragon
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:30:23 am »

Yep it's very cool.  I have never seen one like this.  This is a picture of the side.  It's has been inside it's whole life.  That's why it's in good shape. Smiley  I hate to sell it, but I love the the 56B that I have.  This is the same depth, but 6 inches wider. It has the same stack as a 56.   I would turn it in to a bottle machine, but this thing was ment to vend cans.  I just can't do it.  And I love bottles out of a machine.   Soooo the can machine is on the way out.  Very cool.  If I had bottle shelves for it I might change my mind Smiley
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:13:19 am »

I've seen a couple of the VMC-77's done in DP (I have a pic of one).
I had a Squirt 77 once too.
There is (or was....don't know) a Pepsi 77 near me. Didn't cool, so didn't even make an offer.
Heavy little suckers the 77's are! Not a very common machine, but not highly collectible or valuable either. Your machine is in nice shape and $200-$400 is about right, but you are going to have to find the right buyer for the $400 price tag. $200-$300 is more reasonable.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 03:17:38 pm »

That machine really cleaned up nice. Glad to hear its working well.  happydrinkers

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »

Trickdragon -  the stack appears to be the same as a 56, but it's actually deeper. I tried to scavenge a stack from a 77 to put into a 56 and it wouldn't fit. And they are heavy!!! I do like the look of the Dr. Pepper green on that machine. I had a 7up and it was ugly.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
Trickdragon
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 07:28:13 pm »

cokecolaman,
     Thanks for the info!  I was thinking about switching mine out with my 56.  Boy did you save me some time.   Man I sure like this machine, but I like the 56 I have also.  And thanks bubba!  This is how it looked when it was finished.  Very clean!  That power washer trick was the thing to do! Good advice!  It will make a good machine for someone.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 08:23:42 pm »

If it helps, keep the 56 in the game room with the bottles in it, and put the can machine out on the back porch or patio for the summers.. I keep a can machine stocked outside for mine and the neighborhood kids, plus its a great conversation piece when company comes over. With a good coat of wax, it will survive the outdoors without trouble. I unplug mine and tarp it for the winter months.

Cokecolaman... I'm surprised the stack is deeper since the cabinet depth is the same. Maybe its just a matter of adjusting the pin in the back? I can measure the can stack or bottle stack and see what the difference is.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Trickdragon
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »

The machine is like 2 inces deeper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up