SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:21:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81b  (Read 3024 times)
« on: June 17, 2002, 01:00:39 pm »

Just purchased a Vendo 81B and looking for parts and a few answers. Parts needed:  Top left hand stainless steel beauty strip (left hand if facing the machine). Also need four of the shelves inside the machine (came with five but requires a total of 9). I also need the hold down brackets that hold down the compressor and fan assembly at the bottom of the machine. This machine does have the original compressor and fan mounted on the original rack but the mechanism that holds it in place is missing. Not sure exactly what the hold down brackets should look like as I've not been able to tell from any photos I've looked at that show the bottom portion of a Vendo 81. I've seen restored 81's that have what appear to be replated shelves....makes them look like new. What process is used for that, who does it, and what kind of cost am I looking at?  Appreciate if anyone can help me with these questions.  Regards.  Randy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 11:03:18 am »

Here's a couple of images that show it all (Vendo 81D - may differ from the B model - not sure).  No bracket for the compressor - just holes for bolts in the bottom.  Try Steve Ebner at Funtronics 301-371-5246 or Ron Crawford in CA at 530-644-1924 for the Fan bracket.

If they don't have it - I can send you the dimensions and you could have it made at a mchine shop (simple part).

As far as the shelves go, you can have them replated at any number of metal-works outfits.  Chrome would cost a small fortune since they are so large - so you may want to get them plated with less expensive metal.  I don't know what options are available.  Silver paint will chip and peel, especially in that cold environment with bottles sliding across the paint.

l
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: