SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:06:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy here with a Vendo 39  (Read 2164 times)
Tuffiron

« on: January 04, 2016, 10:49:37 am »

Hello all,

I just purchased a Vendo 39 with the intensions of restoring the unit and have a few questions.  drinking help

The serial # is 702 80704 which tells me the machine was made in February of 1957 and is one of the last machines off the production line.
The machine cools and it has a working coin mech but I am missing the drum, drum shaft, coin return slot and bottle opener.
I’m not too concerned with the missing drum as I intend to use the machine for 12oz bottles and would have to purchase one anyway.

My questions are;

1.   My Model # is F39 D. I understand the F was indicative of a coin machine, but what did the D stand for?

2.   Can someone post a pic of their bottle opener and bezel? Mine is missing and there are no screw holes for the opener and I was curious how it was mounted.

3.   Currently my machine is white and red. However, I like the look of the solid red color. Would I be doing harm if I painted the machine solid or should I keep it original?

4.   When I put a dime in the mech and turn the handle, I have to manually put the handle back in its place. Is this normal or should the handle return on its own?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.  happydrinkers

Rick
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 12:17:36 pm »

The 39 is a nice machine...
yes you'll need the drum, post and actuator hardware, which all is reproduced or often you can find parts from people parting one out..
I can't help you on the Id number.. not that it matters anyway..

as far as the bottle opener, there is a bracket that gets mounted in that spot that holds your opener.. part is reproduced and available from Funtronics, sorry don't have time to look up part number.. but call them they'll help you out.

as far as the handle not returning,, it's just a matter of either dirty and grimey or possible a broken spring ... easy fix when you take it apart to restore it.

as far as the all red, yours was produced as a two tone machine, so it will have mounting holes that will need to be welded shut if your not putting the Stainless banding back on ....

Welcome to the site...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Tuffiron

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:40:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply and info. I've seen it on Fun-tronics and will order it with everything else needed.

Thanks for the welcome as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: