SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 05:25:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse we-6 agitator wanted  (Read 2736 times)
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« on: May 30, 2014, 02:45:43 am »

. Please help!  I just got my we-6 together. Added the light that went in originally. Filled it up with water and plugged it in only to find that the wires to the agitator finally snapped coming out of the housing. Sad my machine is completely original (aside from the light, screws and window). I don't really have the money to buy a new agitator for it. Anybody have a spare that works and the wires coming out of it are not going to break on me?  Even if the wire is old and frayed. As long as they are in tact. I wound mine with electrical tape.  help hopefull down  Thank you in advance.

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

Well I don't drink Coca-Cola, but I sure like an old moonshine - Tom Petty
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:15:22 am »

A lot of these old motors can be opened up.
Maybe a local electric motor shop (or you) could rewire your original motor.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:25:42 am »

I had taken another one I had and opened it up but since the motor was pressed on there, I could not budge it to get to the wires and rewire it. I am definitely going to attemp it again but don't have high hopes for it.

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 11:29:50 am »

There's one on eBay right now, not cheap http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wilshire-Scotsman-agitator-Cornelius-Reed-Vendo-Alco-Booth-Rowe-ETC-/161313590149?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258f0a0b85

I remember pulling one apart from a Westy Standard I had a while back, the winding were toast so there was no bringing it back.  Lots of gentle taps around the motor casing and it eventually came off with little to no damage. 

iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:47 pm »

Thanks for the lead. I saw that one but don't think it'll work for mine. I have the "ice cold" cover on it. I do have a water fountain as well but need to fix it up before I switch it out with the window.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: