SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 06:23:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Coinco CC75-9800-907 or Mars CC400-2 changer. (update-solution found)  (Read 8326 times)
billyseven

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:29 pm »

After much searching I have yet to find either a Coinco CC75-9800-907 or Mars CC400-2 changer as mentioned in the instructions for a Sanyo SVU-517USD talking vender kit (used on coke coca-cola machines in the 1980’s.)

I recently stumbled on some useful information in the Mars “VFM1 and VFM3 Operation and. Service Guide”.  In it are a number of block diagrams regarding various ways to connect either style bill acceptor to one of four different changer models.  More importantly it also speaks to connecting a “talking vender module” to these changers!

Basically the document confirmed that a talking vender kit will work with either a Mars TRC-6200H or a TRC-6800H.  As an FYI it would seem that a model without the “H” designation may work but you’d still need the additional harness found factory installed on the “H” version.  I would also assume there is a similar offering(s) from Coinco but I didn’t look into this possibility.

The diagram does show that you’ll need an additional harness (part # 01-12-012-4) to adapt the 6 pin Molex connecter used for the “AC/high level pulse” connection of the changer to the three pin connector on the talking vender.  Take note that there may also be another 6 pin connector for an LCD credit display.  The 6 pin “AC/high level” connector will have flat spots around certain holes of individual pins to key the connector (Google Molex MLX family).  The Molex connector for the LCD display is a standard rectangular crimp housing were the overall shape of the connecter is the “key”.

Not wanting to spend additional time trying to find another elusive wire harness I simply opened up and studied both the changer and talking vender to make my best educated guess as how to connect the two devices.

WARNING!!!  DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!!!  The following information is provided for use at your own risk and could include the possibility of incurring damage to your changer or talking vender kit…  These are the connections I chose to make and thus far have worked fine for my machine.  I connected GREEN (TALKING VENDER) to BROWN (CHANGER AC/HIGH LEVEL), WHITE/YELLOW (TALKING VENDER) to ORANGE (CHANGER AC/HIGH LEVEL), and RED/WHITE (TALKING VENDER) to VIOLET (CHANGER AC/HIGH LEVEL).

Good luck!
Dave

and for scalebowler here's a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRa4ofB6GV8
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 12:33:37 am »

Thats pretty awesome! Thanks for making a video of it working!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: