SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 11:29:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Coinco CC75-9800-907 or Mars CC400-2 changer. (update-solution found)  (Read 8333 times)
billyseven

« on: February 18, 2011, 05:23:31 pm »

Hello,

As stated in the subject I'm looking to purchase either a Coinco CC75-9800-907 or Mars CC400-2.  I have a Sanyo talking vendor kit that I'd like to install into my Cavalier but can't seem to locate either of the above two changers.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:48:47 pm by billyseven » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:55:00 pm »

I went over to Coinco's website & I could find no mention of a Coinco CC75-9800-907, only the S75-9800 (A/B)-907 series. 

Also, the Mars model no. Mars CC400-2 , gave no results at the MEIgroup.com site. (MEI=MARS parent company)

the "CC" designation may be a vending machines manufactures no. for these 'mechs

Sanyo purchased Vendo in the 90's . assuming it's a single-price vendor ( talking or not) it should be able to use a Coinco S75-9800/ (A or B series)- 907 mech

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:41:40 am »

I believe that Johnie is correct and that the  CC stands for Coca Cola.The talking vendors of the mid 80's were Coca Cola.  Coca Cola assigns their own part numbers for vending machine parts.
billyseven

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:00:52 pm »

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply!  I was thinking the same thoughts about the possibility of the "CC" being a coke part prefix.  I found out otherwise when I attempted to install talking vendor.

I do not have a schematic for the unit, but upon comparing the installation documentation and using a bit of reasoning it leads me to believe that they are similar but still different to their regular counterparts.  The talking vendor seems to just need power and the appropriate control signals during the vend cycle to play the correct audio clips.  The whole thing simply mounts in the point of sale window and is pretty much self contained.

The wire harness has the standard 9 pin plug that will "piggyback" the changers plug, but there is also an additional red 3 pin Molex that connects to the changer too (see attached photos.)  The instructions specifically state to be careful of plugging the 3 pin into a similar connector that would supply 115v (there is such a connector on my machine (possibly power for DBA?)  I'm assuming this little 3 pin connector supplies some additional signals to the talking vendor.  There are two other plugs as seen in the photo; one to connect the harness to the talking vendor and the two crimp-on lugs are so that you can add a switch to your machine to toggle between speaking English and either French or Spanish depending on an internal dip switch setting.

So for the moment I think I'm still looking for one of these units, but further input or discussion is definitely welcome (because I am often wrong!)

Thanks again,
Dave
billyseven

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 03:01:54 pm »

Here are the installation instructions.
billyseven

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 03:02:40 pm »

and here is the wire harness.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 05:05:31 pm »

Sounds like you've  got it pegged, the three pin connector is to trigger the talking vender to start and stop.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 10:18:48 pm »

Kind of off topic but when you do get it installed could you take a video of it working? I don't think I have seen a talking vendor and would be interested in seeing it working.
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 10:32:14 pm »

I have changer like that for my everyday machine. My 3 pin plug goes to a Dollar Bill validator. Could that be what it is for?

Just a thought
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:00:32 pm by johnieG » Logged

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 11:02:02 pm »

I have changer like that for my everyday machine. My 3 pin plug goes to a Dollar Bill validator. Could that be what it is for?

Just a thought

Yeah, It's just using a set of dry-contacts ( no voltage) to trigger the "voice" module, or in your case the DBA ( Dollar Bill Acceptor)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
billyseven

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:29 pm »

After much searching I have yet to find either a Coinco CC75-9800-907 or Mars CC400-2 changer as mentioned in the instructions for a Sanyo SVU-517USD talking vender kit (used on coke coca-cola machines in the 1980’s.)

I recently stumbled on some useful information in the Mars “VFM1 and VFM3 Operation and. Service Guide”.  In it are a number of block diagrams regarding various ways to connect either style bill acceptor to one of four different changer models.  More importantly it also speaks to connecting a “talking vender module” to these changers!

Basically the document confirmed that a talking vender kit will work with either a Mars TRC-6200H or a TRC-6800H.  As an FYI it would seem that a model without the “H” designation may work but you’d still need the additional harness found factory installed on the “H” version.  I would also assume there is a similar offering(s) from Coinco but I didn’t look into this possibility.

The diagram does show that you’ll need an additional harness (part # 01-12-012-4) to adapt the 6 pin Molex connecter used for the “AC/high level pulse” connection of the changer to the three pin connector on the talking vender.  Take note that there may also be another 6 pin connector for an LCD credit display.  The 6 pin “AC/high level” connector will have flat spots around certain holes of individual pins to key the connector (Google Molex MLX family).  The Molex connector for the LCD display is a standard rectangular crimp housing were the overall shape of the connecter is the “key”.

Not wanting to spend additional time trying to find another elusive wire harness I simply opened up and studied both the changer and talking vender to make my best educated guess as how to connect the two devices.

WARNING!!!  DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!!!  The following information is provided for use at your own risk and could include the possibility of incurring damage to your changer or talking vender kit…  These are the connections I chose to make and thus far have worked fine for my machine.  I connected GREEN (TALKING VENDER) to BROWN (CHANGER AC/HIGH LEVEL), WHITE/YELLOW (TALKING VENDER) to ORANGE (CHANGER AC/HIGH LEVEL), and RED/WHITE (TALKING VENDER) to VIOLET (CHANGER AC/HIGH LEVEL).

Good luck!
Dave

and for scalebowler here's a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRa4ofB6GV8
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 12:33:37 am »

Thats pretty awesome! Thanks for making a video of it working!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: