SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:52:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First post first machine!  (Read 3383 times)
Wickedbass

« on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:40 am »

Hello, just picked up my first soda machine a few weeks ago. After lurking around this site for a bit decided to join in hopes of sharing my restoration and learning more.

It looks like i have a VFA56B-B, im not sure of the year. The logo would suggest 73 or newer but the machine seems older? It seems to work great altho i havent out a thermometer in it to see exactly how cold she is getting.

One thing im unclear on is, does this machine dispense bottles or cans? I noticed the bottle opener but from what im reading these hold cans? I was given two coin mechs and really not sure which one is for this machine.

Over all its very clean, a few dings where someone at some point decided to break in. I plan on stripping it down sanding/bond/painting.

Thanks to this site ive found most of the decals i need. Well here are some pics and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:56:49 pm »

Welcome to the site Bass. You found a very nice machine, it would have cleaned up well.
It's much too nice to restore, but we all know those ideas we've had for our first machines.
      Your 56 will only vend bottles, they used a different stack to vend cans.
      Your Coinco mech. (all yellow) was having problems and someone took it apart before buying the newer version. They are interchangable.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:42:04 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Deacon

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:08:01 pm »

If you want to sell your extra mech let me know.  My Machine which is around the same vintage doesn't have one And I am
hopeful that yours is compatible with my machine.  I own a Cornelius SV120-5.  At least the best I can tell it is a Cornelius
SV120-5.  Your machine looks great.  I would just clean it and leave it just as it is.

Deacon
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »

Welcome to the site!

~ Bryan
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:10 pm »

I am not a Pepsi guy but that is a nice machine.  Welcome!

Tim
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »

Welcome to the site, Nice machine!
It nice to see some Pepsi blue in a sea of Coke red and wood-grain "in my case"

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Wickedbass

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:31 am »

Thanks everyone. Im looking forward to having this in my gameroom. I have stripped it down and started cleaning it. I will see how she comes out before i start sanding. However the door has some dents that bother me and i might need to bodo them. Ill post my progress.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: