SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:51:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornelius Compact 50 - Remove/Replace liner??  (Read 2942 times)
whitelightin
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:38:06 pm »

I Just got a Cornelius Compact 50 from one of my neighbors. It is in fair condition, however, there are spots of rust inside that have eaten through the liner. also, the liner is bubbleing in places. I was just wondering what would be the best way to remove the liner from the machine? Can I use some paint remover, etc. And I also seen where people replaced their old liner with Truck Bed liner. Does that hold up pretty well? I was just going to try to spend a little bit of money to restore this machine, so that I can use it to serve my bottles in. I appreciate any input.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 06:46:34 pm »

How badly did it "eat through" the liner? Are there holes or just some surface spots? I didn't remove my liner and the rust spots weren't bad. We could take care of those and then sprayed on the black bedliner which is holding up very well.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:59:47 pm »

The liner in a compact 50 cannot be removed. The outside, insulation and liner are permanently attached. It is the foam insulation that holds it together. I had one that was rust. I fixed it with fiberglass and then sanded and hammertoned it. It didn't look 100% but it looked good. I think the bed liner is a great idea. You can buy it at Meijer, walmart, autozone, ect. Paint that on and you will never see it. or fix it and use hammertone or I almost used trunk paint. Since it is thick and has many textures it would cover well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: