SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 09:54:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1956 Pirate Gun United Arcade Game  (Read 7508 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« on: August 30, 2009, 11:28:32 am »

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to shooting gallery games, but there is one  10 minutes away, and for i tihnk is a good price for a working machine.
needs some paint, but it plays, glss is cracked in the lower corner, but the paint on it is in very good shape

iit's called Pirate Gun,  mfg by United  circa 1956.
I've looked the usual sources, but can't find much information. Anyone tell me, are these things hard to work on, locate parts, etc.
Should i pass and look for a more desirable ( ie easy to find parts) machine?

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 12:47:30 pm »

I had a 1954 United's Deluxe Bonus Gun.  You shot hillbillies, whiskey bottles, scarecrows, and turkeys.  Everyone friend and relative is still gripping at me because I sold it three years ago.  I was planning on having my Chicago Coin Twin Rifle by now.  So as far as the cool factor went and popularity of my guest, it ranked high.

United's are built like a tank.  My guess, without seeing it, would be that you just had to take it all apart, clean it, lube some of it, and put it back together.  Very easy.  You just need time, a camera, some super lube, acetone, contact adjust tool, normal tools (needle nose, crescent wrench, 7/16, etc.), a drop light, and some beer for when you are finished.  

I can help you if you like.  I even have a draw full of United 1950's parts, but they should still be good.  That's why I have a draw full, they hardly go bad.

Any pictures?

http://marvin3m.com/arcade/pirgun.htm

A lot of stuff.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 01:32:04 pm »

i agree Larry why did you get rid of it?  felt guilty shooting your kin but the game was fun !
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:45:05 pm »

Thanks Larry, on my way to look at it now, I'll post pics, if i pass on it, I can help anyone here interested in it. 

oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:28:27 pm »

Did you get it? If you did please post some pictures. I'd like to see what it looks like.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:06 pm »

I'll post pics tonight, the ones I took didn't come out that well.
I'm still debating if I shoulda walked, the same day I went to look at it, a neon Marilyn Monroe  sign, with the blowing skirt from 'A seven Year itch" scene came up for the same price, I could do one or theother.

So, yeah, i bought it.  A little rougher than I hoped. It plays, some parts missing, like the coin mech, you short the wires to get a credit. the rollers were long gone, so the particle board bottom is splitting. The targets are all there, though someone pasted a kid's school picture on one of them.  Definately needs to be gone through, cleaned up,  cardboard inserts replaced, or patched
Locks missing ( I know not a big deal). glass is flaked in a few spots, but considering it's over 50 yrs old,  it's presentable.
Everytime I think I'll toss it up on Ebay I decide to play a round, then 5 or 6 more sessions.

Edit: sorry the quality of the pics isn't the greatest

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:45:02 pm by Kilroy » Logged

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 05:37:40 pm »

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 05:42:55 pm »

A Few more:

oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 05:20:52 pm »

Looks pretty rough but just plug away at it and you'll get it. I think it would be worth the time.
FatRavioli69

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 08:04:15 pm »

Man, why did you post pics, now I have to get one of those laugh

Selectivend and Counting
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 08:53:55 pm »

Keep us updated on your progress. I'd like to see it when you are done.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 07:32:57 am »

It msy be a while before I get to it, but pics will be posted. in the meantime, when i think of selling it, I goto the gargae, stare it, play a few games, and think, "hey, it has potential".

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: