SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 11:52:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1950's Rockola Juke value question  (Read 13914 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:21:45 pm »

For some reason I have rotated them on my PC but they attach crooked?Huh?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:05 pm »

More Pics
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 08:26:25 pm »

This is all
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 09:00:53 pm »

The problems  aren't a deal breaker, veneer is readily available, you've already found most parts beiekn are repopped.

The lack of  selection could be a bad wire not energizing the selection pins, or 50 yrs of gunk gumming up the works ie selection pins, until you can actually check it out,  it's difficult to trouble shoot.

The Wurlitzer group   onmn Yahoo is bout the friendliest  help you're going to find on the internet. I still read the postings at The Jukebox-Archives, and alt.collecting.juke-boxes, The jukebox list can members can be brutal to a newbie, Alt.collecting isn't as popular as it was once was, but all three are resourses to use.
i've also  talked to Denny at victory Glass for many a suggestion, don't be afraid to ask  the parts shops for help.

jukebox- list archives : http://webreports.netlojix.com/pipermail/jukebox-list/

Alt.Collecting.Jukeboxes:  http://groups.google.com/group/alt.collecting.juke-boxes/topics?hl=en

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 05:35:33 am »

Looks like you scored a good juke, Josh! Like Kilroy said, the selection problem is very common for a box of it's age. After a good cleaning and maybe a little troubleshooting, you should have no problems. Get a manual!!

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 02:38:14 pm »

JOSH

As Brian said this is a very common problem on Rockolas... Is it all selctions are just a few??
Is the wheel spinning looking for the selection??

What normally happens is the selection pins near the bottom of the bank get gummed up with all the sh*t falling to the bottom and won't fire out. You can manually pop them out and see if they are collected then...

Cleaning the pinbank is a big job for someone like me but I'm sure with your knowledge and experience it won't take you long to get it going...

On my Empress I have a number of selections that need double selected or even more before they will ping out...

Dave
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 03:02:20 pm »

Of course,  it may work in your favour, missing peices, no selection,  maybe knock a hundred off the price?

i'll also toss in the standard,  recap the amp and receiver, check the wiring, etc  disclaimer here. And i agree with Brian, order the manual

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 07:07:31 pm »

I honestly do not know as i have not seen the box. She only checked one selection and it was working 100% when it came out of her mother-in-laws bar 12 years ago and was moved into storage. I have not seen it and I am buying it sight unseen. She is firm on the price. She was offered $150 more than my offer locally but since she told me she accepted my offer first she honored the sale and kept it for me. She is a really nice lady. I figure if it is too messed up to fix it is worth a lot more than $400 in parts. Especially since most of the chrome is good, the glass is all good, and everything is there besides two small glass pieces in the front that are reproduced. So I think the price was a good deal. I will be home in about three weeks and will tear into it. I wont try to tackle the vending mech and amp myself. I will send them out to be rebuilt eventually.

Josh
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 07:35:32 pm »

I love sellers with integrity and believe a deal is a deal.

You did good anyway , a cool looking machine at a good price that should clean up nicely.

mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 04:20:52 pm »

looks nice, with a little work and some time it will be a nice box
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: