SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 02:28:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1950's Rockola Juke value question  (Read 13913 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: May 17, 2009, 08:02:20 pm »

I found this jukebox local to my Mom. They say it is complete and powers up and works but he has no records to test with. I can get it for $400. Is that a good deal for this box? I think its good looking. I know the value is not equal to the seeburgs but I is $400 for a good solid box like this a great deal or just Ok? I don't want to buy something I am upside down on.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:29:38 pm »

Josh,

I think this is a fair price...
There appears to be glass missing in the front grill so there may be other misc. issues as well...
If possible, have someone bring a few 45s and place them randomly throughout the carriage and test a few selections both A & B sides as well. I have personally repaired a RocK-Ola selection unit, 1468 model, not fun to work on...
With my personal experience, I would like to know all the selections are functioning and then I would say the $400 is a good buy.

My six cents,

Jim

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 08:32:23 pm »

It's a Rockola 1448. circa 1955.
If the glass isn't broken, the fornt grill and pther chrome are intact 9 and look to be in the be in the pic)  I'd grab it.
Make sure the chrome isn't heavily pitted, or knock over a bank if you plan to rechrome all the parts  biggrin

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:45:12 pm »

that is a great price for that machine. someone recently parted one out on ebay. and sold the parts for almost 1500.00  the unique feature of this jukebox is the rotating selection strip. i have this same jukebox.  buy it  cant go wrong
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:11:05 pm »

I'd be all over one if it came up for 400 in my area...
With what we've seen you do with soda machines, this will clean up nicely

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:17:04 pm »

Thank you that was very nice. I think I will be buying it. I will test it and if it doesn't select I may part it out. However I like the way it looks so it may be one to put away until I get back.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 10:37:57 pm »

After some research it is a 1454. It looks a lot like the 1448 but the glass dome is different in that it says Rockola on top
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:07:08 am »

Josh,

I wouldn't just part it out if the Selection Receiver isn't working properly. $400 is a cheap price for a nice juke and if it's something simple like a bad component or a wiring problem, that can be fixed for fairly cheap.

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:46:45 am »

Yep I agree. I have already decided to get it as long as its still available. I emailed the seller. We will see. I hope I get it. I wouldn't mind keeping it. One of my favorites is the Seeburg R and this looks a lot like it.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 08:14:37 pm »

Well I bought it. My step dad is going to go get it this weekend. It is in a little worse shape than I expected but its still not bad. The chrome for the most part looks good. One glass piece on the front is missing and the other is broken but it is reproduced. The Cabinet needs refinished but it is solid. I can still back out until sunday. I am going to post a bunch of pictures. Please give me your advice. If I should walk away please tell me. Also she put records in it. It wants to powers on and takes a selection but it just continues to rotate and doesn't stop to pick up the selection. Please help with advice or if anyone knows of another forum that I should go to for advice,
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:16:37 pm by loman4ec » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: